Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by fastreb, Sep 16, 2020.

1. fastreb

fastreb New Member

Hi All,

I'm a long time shooter, with experience on many different weapon systems over the years. I've served in both the U.S. Navy and the U.S. Army. My experience with Glocks started with a Glock 19 Gen 2. Currently, all I have is a G26 Gen 2. However, I'm keeping my eyes open for prices to drop some when the latest craze has receded. Thanks for letting me join.

2. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Welcome aboard from North Texas!

3. Olga17

Olga17 C19 sounds like G19 Supporter

Welcome to the forum!

4. 34MOS

34MOS Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep, welcome to the correct Glock forum.

5. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum

6. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

7. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome from Oklahoma.
    Thank you for your service.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  8. helitack32f1

helitack32f1 Well-Known Member

Welcome from the “wonderful” state of Washington! Always awesome to see a new member arrive.

9. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome from Tacoma, Washington!!

10. MagnoliaTom

MagnoliaTom Active Member

Welcome from NW Houston

11. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

Howdy from Houston and thank you for your service!

12. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

No need to wait really if you are in the market for a Glock. GT Distributors will sell you a new glock "Blue Label" prices (same as they were pre-Covid? if you have a DD-214 until some time in November.

They say they are able to keep most Glocks in stock right now. I went this morning when they opened and was in and out in 30 minutes.

Don't know where you are located but they have several stores around the state.

13. RevV

RevV Well-Known Member

14. fastreb

fastreb New Member

I've checked the GT Distributors website and every pistol I'm interested in is listed as out of stock. The nearest actual brick & mortar store is probably the one in Rossville, GA, which is about a 6 1/2 hour, one-way, drive from me. I guess I'll keep checking the website but I appreciate the info.

15. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

The inventory listed on the website is not the availability of guns at any particular store. It's really very confusing and I thought the same thing until I called the 800 number. They were able to look up the specific store inventory for each one of their stores.

Even though that website told me there were no "commercial" Glock 44's in stock, she was able to tell me that they had 7 commercial and 1 Blue Label G44's at the Dallas store. I got up the next morning and walked in at opening time and walked out 30 minutes later with my new Glock 44.

So, I suggest you call the 800 number and ask them about inventory of the gun you want at that closest store.

I'm still not sure I would be willing to drive 6 1/2 hours one way to get the gun, but some people might.

If you decide to go, do not do it on a Friday afternoon or a Saturday. My son-in-law went over on a Friday afternoon, took a number and they estimated a 3 hour wait to get waited on.

Good luck !

Danzig likes this.
  16. fastreb

fastreb New Member

I appreciate the information.

17. Richard Davis

Richard Davis Well-Known Member

Welcome fastreb, from SW Ohio. My family and I are appreciative of your service.

18. elk creek

elk creek Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome from Idaho, and I also appreciate your service. Thank you.

19. Mike Landy

Mike Landy New Member

Thank you for your service!!

20. glockin9

glockin9 Well-Known Member Supporter