Hello All!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kris, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Kris

Kris New Member

Hello everyone, I'm here to learn about Glocks and find a nice Glock that is for sale new or used. I am not sure exactly what to get, but something small to conceal and carry that has stopping power. I like the 357, Model 23, and the 9mm. I also would like some Hydra shocks for it. I just renewed my License to carry, so I am in search of a new firearm. Thank you..:D

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Hello and Welcome Kris! Enjoy the forum! I carry the G23. Perfect size gun IMHO.

3. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum Kris! This is a great community. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

4. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, Kris, and WELCOME to the Forum!

If you are looking for a concealed-carry Glock, none is smaller than the subcompact line, and I would highly recommend the G26 (9mm), the G27 (.40S&W), or the G30/G30SF/G36 (all of which are .45ACP).

Cheers!

5. Welcome Kris!!! Enjoy your stay!!!

6. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum!
    Stick around, you will like it here!

7. Kris

Kris New Member

I guess I should have told everyone a little about myself...Here goes: I am U.S Coast Guard Veteran and we carried an M16, 12 gauge, and a 9mm Beretta ( which I hated BTW). That gun was so heavy, had some much compression in the trigger, and just bulky and I just didn't care for it at all. i am looking to buy a glock. I do not work for hyattgunstore.com, but on their site often. They seem to have great prices on new and used Guns of all kinds.

So I am looking for something to carry on my person having my concealed weapons permit here in Florida where even granny is packing heat...lol So I am thinking of the Model 23 which is the 40 cal or I like the 357 model as well. Looks nice and small with good stopping power from what I have been told. I am looking just for personal protection. I do not hunt, but travel throughout the state and Florida is loaded with freaks, and you never know...

Thanks for the warm welcoming...I will be around here for sure.:D

8. iShoot

iShoot New Member

The 23 or the smaller 27 in .40 are good choices. If you want a .357 sig, all you have to do is buy a barrel for either one, even the magazines will work.

9. Kris

Kris New Member

I will price these you mentioned sniper.. Thanks a lot!!!

10. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

11. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome!

The GLock 23 can be converted with a few simple parts to shoot both 9mm and .357 sig so looks like you're going down the right road there.

If you get a chance, try out the different models you're considering. Some feel a little different "in the hand" than others.

D

12. Kris

Kris New Member

Best gun for under 400$

i THINK i AM GOING WITH THE GLOCK G26 OR 27, G30,G30SF,OR G36. I REALLY LIKE THE G26 WHICH IS THE 9MM I THINK OR THE 40 CAL G27. LOOKS LIKE I WILL BE DROPPING 500 AT LEAST. I WOULD GET A SIG, BUT THEY ARE SUPER EXPENSIVE. THANKS FOR THE WELCOMING EVERYONE. I FOUND SOME NICE ONES ON HYATTS' WEBSITE.

I REALLY WOULD ONLY LIKE TO SPEND 250-300$. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS ON A NICE 380 OR DIFFERENT MODEL IN THAT PRICE RANGE? I JUST WANT A GOOD SELF DEFENSE FIREARM, I'M NOT A COLLECTOR OR ANYTHING. NOT YET AT LEAST...I HAD A BERSA 380, A 38 SNUB NOSE SMITH AND WESSON THAT WAS DANGEROUS AND HAD THE LIGHTEST TRIGGER EVER. IF THE WIND BLEW IT ALMOST WENT OFF.

WHAT'S THE BEST BANG FOR MY BUCK UNDER 400 DOLLARS?

13. S&W 642 with Gold Dot +P Short Barrel Load

Cant go wrong with this combination...I bought my 642 new for $350 in SC

14. msbella

msbella New Member

Welcome to the Forum Kris....

15. Kris

Kris New Member

After more research and info about ammo, going with the 9mm G 26...Can not wait to go test it out at the range this weekend!