Hello all new member:)

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by glocknloaded, Mar 5, 2012.

1. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Hi everyone I am new to the forum and a new Glock owner.

I just last week picked up my first Glock the 17 and I am in love.... I waited my California 10 wait period and went straight from the gun shop to the range, only problem is I haven't stopped going yet.

I am extremely happy that I went with a Glock as all my family owns at least one Glock in there collection an I couldn't be happier with my decision.

The first thing I want to do is change the factory sights and lighten the trigger pull. Any suggestions on these options would be much appreciated, thanks!

Well I look forward to read through the forum and familiarizing myself better with the Glock community.

2. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the Glock Forum glocknloaded!

3. glocknloaded

Thanks a really great forum glad I have a lazy day to poke around.

4. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Hey welcome, there is a lot of good information here.

5. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, GlockNLoaded, and WELCOME to the Forum!

As others have said, you will find lots of helpful information here as well as lots of helpful advice.

Again, WELCOME, and Cheers!

6. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome and congrats on your purchase, as mentioned before here everybody is very helpful so don't be afraid to ask a question because chances are if you want to know then others here do too... If someone doesn't know the answer right away please don't get discouraged as some go to other sources to help answer the questions... Also we like to help and take care of our own here, it's a pleasant community with common interests, we are all adults and friends :)

Changing sights can be simple, quite a few of us have done it ourselves... I use the glockmeister sight installation tool and recently installed night sights on my G21 and G30, it's best to use a too to remove and/or replace sights instead of risking damage to the sight or slide with a punch set

As for lighter trigger pull I have heard of changing different connectors and also adding the NY-1 trigger spring to make it more crisp to reduce trigger slag before the gun engages... I have not tried any of these yet but I believe others have and they be a bit more helpful... as for the sights though I will try to answer any questions you might have

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  7. glocknloaded

Thank you!

How do you like the night sights opposed to the stock ones? I personally don't think there's much wrong with the Glock design but I don't care much for the rear sight, I would much rather have two dots and not the U shaped line.

What sights do you have and do you feel about them?

The stock trigger in my opinion is nice and crisp but with the way I shoot I think I would benefit from a softer trigger pull.

Thanks again for the response!!

8. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum! Stick around, you will like it here! I have Sevigny competition sights. It is an all black rear sight with a fiber optic front. I thought I would miss my two rear dots, but after shooting a few times, I hardly notice they are gone! Now I concentrate on my front sight alignment and still shoot great!

9. Gitty-up-Glock

Gitty-up-Glock New Member

Welcome to the forum, Im a newbie as well! looks lots lots of great info and great people here, so I look forward to interacting with everyone!

10. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

11. glocknloaded

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!!

I feel like this last week all my spare time has been occupied with shooting or reading this forum... Ahhhhhh what a good life I love the firearm community

12. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Well-Known Member Supporter

I like the night sights, they are different than the stock sights and takes a bit to get used to instead of the "field goal" rear sight but I really like it, I have the Glock brand night sights but there are other styles, designs, and companies that make the night sights too so you may want to shop around a bit before you decide on your new sights. I enjoy the Glock night sights on my G21 and G30 as they will be my primary home defense guns, I also have a GTL-21 Glock tactical light/laser accessory for the rail and it works great

I added some pics of my G30 with the tactical light and the night sights too...

Attached Files:

13. glocknloaded

Nice thanks for sharing, I really like those sights opposed to the "field goal" sights.

Nice flashlight another must I want to add.

14. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Uh-oh. Observe, folks, as one of our newest members joins the ranks of the incurably addicted....next thing you know, he will be posting to the "I am officially addicted" thread.

Oh! But it's so much FUN to be addicted, isn't it!

Cheers!

15. glocknloaded

HaHa I figured I better give it some time before I posted in the "I am officially addicted" but you busted me I am already there.

Oh yes it is, Oh yes it is!!

16. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum glocknloaded !!