HD weapons

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Hamster, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Hamster

Hamster New Member

This is not my carry weapon because it's too bulky but, it's a great shooter, eats everything I feed it and was dirt cheap too.

Hi-Point JCP .40 cal.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

My favorite HD weapon is my Hawk-97 (copy of a Remington pump), I have 2 of them: one loaded with birdshot, and the one in the master bathroom is loaded with sabot slug. $89.00+tax+Brady brand-new from Big-5.

Around the house, I have and keep loaded a Beretta 92G that the kids can operate and shoot accurately if needed, and in the bedrooms I have a Hi-Point CF-380 with flashlight and laser in the kids' bedroom and a Glock-30 and flashlight on my bedstand. Around the house are several AR15s hidden about. Yah. Not paranoid, not really. My next door neighbor to the left has a history of drug dealing (she's in the big house now, but may get out anytime), neighbor to the right is an a-hole weed head, and right behind me is an even bigger a-hole racist POS from the vagos motorcycle gang.

Oh, and on the paranoia side, I have 16 videocameras around the perimeter of the house and in the garage and entryways, feeding to two separate recorders. Local police have actually used my surveillance video as evidence in three crimes: a reported kidnapping that wasn't (kidnappee was a willing passenger, laughing in the front seat as they drove in front of my house), a vehicluar burglary (video ID'd the perps and got their license plate), and a home invasion/robbery+sexual assault where my video helped ID the car and the license plate but the guy had bugged out and is in hiding in Mexico.

I do have two Hi-Points, the .380 that the kid's practice on, and a .40 like yours that I often take to the range. Did you keep the stock rear sight or did you install the ghost ring that came with it? Also, I have seen someone shoot an identical Hi-Point held revolver-style (support hand thumb wrapped over shooting hand) and the high slide on the Hi-Point did not bite his thumb! He had fired about 3 rounds before I yelled at him to stop (some random dude I did not know, while shooting at the Scottsdale Gun Club).

3. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

4. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Nice article, Bhale, thanks!

I shoot Federal 1oz Power-Shok Sabot Slug HP (they're about $10 for a box of 5), thru a smoothbore shotgun, and have not had any keyholing. At 21 feet on a full silhouette target, I get 3 huge holes (from slug and sabot) spread about 4 inches around centered on CBM. I have tried it at 10 feet with a foam-core steel door between me and the target (10 feet to door, 10 more feet to target) and the slugs go thru just fine and hit the target CMB with a huge hole maybe 3 inches in diameter. With target 6 inches behind the door, the slug tears a hole maybe 2 inches across at point of aim.

My intention: if I had to retreat the family into the master bathroom to protect them, I wanted a weapon that can fire thru an entry-type door (foam-core steel door) and hit the bad guy banging on the door.

It's a deafening BOOM, though.

5. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Apologies to Hamster: am not trying to hijack your thread :eek:

6. G18

G18 New Member

Hi -point junk !!!

7. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Ive had a hi point 45, great range and starter gun but thats about it.

8. Hamster

Hamster New Member

Those who think Hi-Points are junk, usually have never even fired one......much less owned one.

I can tell you this about mine.......it's accurate and reliable. I've put over 2500 rounds through it without one single FTF or FTE on any other problems for that matter. It goes bang when I pull the trigger and hits what I'm aiming at. It's also American made and carries a lifetime warranty. It is the true definition of "More bang for your buck".

My last few trips to the range have had some positive results. Other shooters would see how well I was doing and ask about my gun. On more than one occasion, someone would ask my permission to shoot it so I'd hand them the pistol and a full mag. Just a few shots was all it took for them to want to go buy one for themselves.