Having a gun by your side in public

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by bigeddy, Mar 29, 2012.

1. bigeddy

bigeddy New Member

I live in ottawa canada and i was wondering if it is legal to have a gun by your side in public

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

In these United States...it depends on which state you reside.

In my state of Pennsylvania, I can open carry and walk down the street in every city

except Philadelphia, with a firearm unconcealed and in plain view. In Philadelphia, city law states

that I must have an LTCF ( License To Carry Firearm ) to do the same. But to carry concealed...

I must possess that same LTCF everywhere I go within Pennsylvania.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012

3. nitetrain

nitetrain Member

I live in ohio and you can open carry! However, I can bet you if i walk down the street, cop cars will pull me over and arrest me for inducing panic, etc. Which is BS! Hell, several years back, my local paper was publishing your name, address of the people who got their CCW! Public record! and you know what that does, lets everyone know you have a gun in your house! I get so tired of people blaming the guns and not the retards that pull the trigger!!!!

RIGHT TO HAVE ARMS! TED NUGENT HAS A VIDEO ON THE NET ABOUT THE RIGHT TO HAVE FIRE ARMS!! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_QjEL0uUgo[/ame], if link does not work go to google and type: TEXAS MONTHLY TALKS - TED NUGENT . AWESOME!!!!!!

4. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Here in Georgia you can open or conceal carry in most places if you have a Georgia Weapons License. No churches, government buildings or schools. And some local cities have other restrictions as well

5. SHOOTER13

No churches...? Really...

6. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Currently that is. There are some bills in our legislature to change that but they probably won't make it through this session (it ends tonight). Oh well maybe next time.

7. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Ya churches get the ban here too, but apparently all that will happen is they ask you to leave and come back sans the gun. No legal trouble unless you don't leave. Here being CO.

8. fls348

fls348 New Member

I prefer dead offenders over repeat offenders as well, Uncle Ted's wisdom....

9. SHOOTER13

We can't carry on Federal property, court houses, and within 1000 feet of a school...but nothing about churches...then again, I probably wouldn't open carry in a church anyway. ( Concealed...yea )

Pennsylvania actually has a right to bear arms stipulation in it's constitution that predates the 2nd amendment to the US Constitution...

Pennsylvania: The right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. Art. 1, § 21 (enacted 1790, art. IX, § 21).

1776: That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the state; and as standing armies in the time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; And that the military should be kept under strict subordination, to, and governed by, the civil power. Declaration of Rights, cl. XIII.

10. DevilDawg235

DevilDawg235 New Member

You know anything about carrying near schools here in FL? Or if you can send me a link with that info I'll really appreciate it brother.

Thanks!

11. SHOOTER13

Only if you lose that avatar...!!

12. DevilDawg235

DevilDawg235 New Member

Lmaoooo ! Hahahaha

13. DevilDawg235

DevilDawg235 New Member

14. SHOOTER13

That one is a little better...not by much tho !!

15. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Here in AZ you can open carry at age 18 but to conceal at 21 and dont need a permit either. As far as for churchs we can carry into them here.

16. DevilDawg235

DevilDawg235 New Member

Hahaha grandma with guns... That should be a thread. Here in FL a 78 year old lady shot and killed a man with a .38 who was breaking in her house! :)

17. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member

PA is quite reasonable... I miss my home state! Just had a couple cheese steaks in honor of Pennsylvania!

18. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, BigEddy, and WELCOME to the Forum!

If you post a *Hi There* in Introductions, other Members could give you a Welcome, too!

Now, to your question: are you inquiring about carry in Canada or the United States?

19. walla545

walla545 New Member

In our little corn patch they are working hard for people to get they're ccw permit and they are doing a great job in our town we have had 3 classes with over 200 people each. Tho schools and government property is off limits I tend to agree with that exception. I am on board with uncle Ted I like dead offenders better than repeat offenders too.