Hate it when wife takes the money I had for GLOCK and makes me go to Vegas instead!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gun_Aficionado, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

K here is the deal not really her fault but still bugs me... So I saved up on the side to buy my next Glock secretly of course! All was going great was going to go get my G23C this Friday. But then my wife asks the following " baby what are we doing for our 15year anniversary? " blank stare on my face must have said it all, cause then she said " I guess we can't afford to do much huh". Mind you we just came back from a 2 week vacation in San Francisco, when we came back from SF we where hit with bill for daughters University for about 6k out of pocket in addition to the 20k in loans already funded for this semester oh and it is due on the 27th of July so yeah a little tight on funds... But how do I say no to the love of my life??? I can't. So I ask her if we could what would you want to do?? (Stupid question I know) response "well I have always wanted to see the phantom of the Opera" she says... Ok I'll bite, when is it in PHX, I ask? Response, "not sure but it is playing in Vegas now" she responds, so I throw this out... I can only take one day off from work as we just had a two week vac, and if you can make it happen for 600 bucks or less, ( eyes got wide) now hold on, I said.. This needs to include air fare round trip, hotel, and tickets to the show ( thinking to myself no way she pulls this off and I get mad points for being open and willing)... And my God she made it happen! So I am going to Vegas on a Thursday evening after work, then to Venetian hotel to check in then to the show Phantom Of The Opera, then have the next day ( Friday ) in Vegas hanging out, then back home that evening! So now no G23C for now, but a happy wife is worth way more than that!!! I just have no clue how my wife can sense that I have money put aside for my stuff, it erks me to no end....

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  2. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Seems to me the only failure was loose lips and a poor hiding spot for the money! :D

Actually as the saying goes: "A happy wife = A happy life." Enjoy the vacation because guns will always be around whereas wive's won't!

3. william488

william488 New Member

could you imagine how "happy" she would be if you picked up your glock a week latter and did not try to make the effort to make her happy? shudders. :p good guy, good guy. Smart man, lol.

4. jrlusmc

jrlusmc Member

Thrilled I am sure!!!!!!!! Hahaha! We would have to go over and build him a dog house!

5. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

No loose lips here and hiding spot is awesome as I put on my cc that she has no access to... She just senses it. And you are right if I bought a gun before or a bit after the anniversary and if she found out she would castrate me with dull scissors! So good investment for sure! I love my wife way more than any Glock!

6. runman

runman New Member

Good choice sir! Fortune cookie say "your generosity will be repaid a thousand times over"

7. Gun_Aficionado

Yeah boy!!! I hope so!

8. msbella

msbella New Member

Go to the Gunstore in Vegas on Tropicana...I promise you will not be disappointed.

9. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Smart move.

My wife/ex-wife and i went to see the Phantom show last summer at the Venetian. Better than the one in NY. Didn't drag as much. Very good show. You'll enjoy it.

D

10. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Put 3 in the Megabucks Machine, If it's meant to be, you'll come home with enough to buy a small 3rd world country.

11. Gun_Aficionado

Will def. go there! Thanks for the tip!!!

12. Gun_Aficionado

Ok this move just paid off "very big moment " so yesterday my wife calls me while I am in the office and says, thank you so much for everything you do for us. I say no problem my mission in life is to make you happy! She goes on to say you really make me happy at all times. Then she asks " What would make you happy"? My answer that if and when I am able to that I can buy another Glock. She paused and breathed and her response was " you do really like your guns" then said if that will make you happy then we will do it.... This is HUGE as she was totally against guns in March when I bought my G17G4 and now we have 6 guns in our home 4 that she knows about and just gave me the green light to get more! Even showed her a pick of a 50cal and she did not flinch ( not that I can afford one) but she looked at me square in the eye and said if that is what my baby wants... Almost brought tears to my eyes!! My wife is constantly evolving to make us happy!!! I love my Wife!

13. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

That's great! It's amazing how things turn out sometime. Congrats and you guys enjoy yourselves. :)

14. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

That is awesome! I remember when my anti gun wife told me that she felt we should exercise our 2nd amendment rights and get a gun! The kind of moment that reinforces the decision to make her your lifetime partner. Sometimes we really can live with 'em!

15. Gun_Aficionado

Thanks GaGal !

And so true... Reaffirmations that we made "the right choice" in life partner!!! Now need to find the right time to tell her I bought 2 additional guns that she does not know about or find a way to introduce them... Will figure it out....