Glock Forum banner
41 - 60 of 130 Posts

· Very Sensitive Guy (^;)
760 Posts
Me? I personally would have turned with the cart between us and asked him why he was following me without making physical contact and would have done it with distance to keep him back. From what you typed it wouldn't have been hard to wait until you were in a main aisle, or even near the employee area in electronics to confront him peaceably and with some distance. My gun side would have been away from him in the event it was needed.

My only point was in how you originally stated it you made it sound like you shoved him against a shelf and demanded to know why he was following you. I was simply cautioning people against making physical contact. Take it however you like, but based on what you said you committed battery, even if it can't be proven in court. You said you intentionally blocked him in with the cart and made physical contact while doing it. B misdemeanor here. If he had so much as a red mark from a shelf or hook, that would have satisfied injury in this state and you could have been jailed on an A misdemeanor. Want me to cite case law? Not gonna happen. If I was called to a Wal*Mart and this story was shown to me on the security cameras and I saw a mark, I would have made the arrest. Have fun with the defense.

Any other LEOs want to give a viewpoint from their jurisdiction? I'd be interested to hear.
Hmmm. Ok. You were having fun with this and being serious? HAHAHAHAHA! Ok, Sir.

There's alot of difference in WV's vs. Indiana's laws. Around here they have much more serious concerns than to be jailing people who've minimally confronted someone and the laws here don't support such things. Heck. You have to have shots fired and someone bleeding to get a policeman in 30 minutes... Most anything else and they don't even show, lol... Ahhh... Wild, wonderful, West Virginia.

Just wondering. Are you a Democrat? HAHAHAHAHAHAH! Settle down now. Just havin' fun... lol.

· Slightly Opinionated
234 Posts
I'm still waiting for a single LEO to say I'm in error. Just one. I'll hold comments until that happens.

· Slightly Opinionated
234 Posts
No I didn't.

red*

· Slightly Opinionated
234 Posts
:D At least we can still have some fun.

· Registered
13,458 Posts
BTW, what is the statute of limitations on this?

I can get you the info on the Walmart in question, and the date and time it happened (in 2004), and maybe you can arrange for me to be arrested (good luck with that) and we'll see what happens in court.

What say you?

· Registered
382 Posts
There is a Member on here who will tell you that there are, in so many words, no restrictions on anything anywhere in AZ. I do not know this for a fact, but I do know what I myself know....does that make sense?

There are Tribal lands in Arizona. Major state and Federal roads go right through them. Once you cross onto Tribal land, you may not even know that you are, you have to abide by tribal law. Which means no firearms that are loaded and within arms reach. If stopped, you also have to tell the tribal officer immediately that you have a firearm and where it is. This is a misconception that many have. Arizona permits carry, but tribal doesnt. You just have to know where you are.

· Registered
13,458 Posts
There are Tribal lands in Arizona. Major state and Federal roads go right through them. Once you cross onto Tribal land, you may not even know that you are, you have to abide by tribal law. Which means no firearms that are loaded and within arms reach. If stopped, you also have to tell the tribal officer immediately that you have a firearm and where it is. This is a misconception that many have. Arizona permits carry, but tribal doesnt. You just have to know where you are.
That's exactly what I thought, and exactly what I told the Member, because that is how it is here in Nevada.

He replied by saying outright that there are no restrictions in Arizona.

That's why I said "I know what I know".

Takes all kinds, I guess.

This belongs in a different thread, by the way.

· Registered
382 Posts
I guess he will have a very rude awakening when a tribal police officer stops him, confiscates his firearm, and arrests him. One other little tidbit, if you are arrested on tribal land, they have to take you to the next closest county jail. They cannot hold non-native people in their correctional fascility. It is still a Federal offense, since it originated on tribal land.

· Hail Commifornia
6,359 Posts

I can get you the info on the Walmart in question, and the date and time it happened (in 2004), and maybe you can arrange for me to be arrested (good luck with that) and we'll see what happens in court.

What say you?
Word to the wise I wouldn't turn in Happysniper1, you won't like him when he isn't Happy. Met the guy once. He is 6ft 4in and 300pds of pure muscle. Funny thing is he turns green and has a Spanish accent.... Just Kidding!!!! :D:D:D

· Slightly Opinionated
234 Posts

What say you?
Do me a favor and stop intimating that I am trying to get you arrested, ok? I'm not and never said I was. You invented that so knock it off, ok? You got called out and don't like it so now you're turning things to make it look like I'm being a fool. Show me where I said I wanted to have you arrested and I'll apologize.

Can't? Didn't think so.

· Registered
441 Posts
Is it me? Or everyone always has or had issues at WalMart?

... Go to Kmart or Target, lets see some new stories.

BTW In Brandon FL about 2-3 years ago, a Loss Prevention employee was fired and prosecuted for going to his car and getting his gun after identifying multiple "suspects" inside the store. He felt that he wouldnt be able to handle the situation by himself if things went wrong.

The guys actually shoplifted and thats when PD came over and locked him up along with the shoplifters! Lol

· Hail Commifornia
6,359 Posts
Ok guys. Let's stop fighting about whose shopping cart is bigger...

· Hail Commifornia
6,359 Posts
Is it me? Or everyone always has or had issues at WalMart?

... Go to Kmart or Target, lets see some new stories.

BTW In Brandon FL about 2-3 years ago, a Loss Prevention employee was fired and prosecuted for going to his car and getting his gun after identifying multiple "suspects" inside the store. He felt that he wouldnt be able to handle the situation by himself if things went wrong.

The guys actually shoplifted and thats when PD came over and locked him up along with the shoplifters! Lol
That is crazy, but if he wasn't allowed to have a firearm on duty per his guard card or contract or whatever they have, then he acted out of his authority I think. I think there is an underlined hatred for Walmart in America but many people go there, just becareful in the middle of the night....

· Registered
13,458 Posts
@Sarabian:

and to "slam them into the aisle" can and should send a person to jail
getting physical with someone when they have not presented any danger to you is not legal in any state I am aware of.
it is proven that you did this on purpose (not easy to prove) battery still holds.
but that you were justified in taking aggressive physical action against that person
Still battery so far (clarifications in other responses notwithstanding).
but based on what you said you committed battery
would have satisfied injury in this state and you could have been jailed on an A misdemeanor
I would have made the arrest. Have fun with the defense.
No, by repeated accusing me of committing the crime of battery, you are by implication saying I should then be under the criminal jsutice system.

And this,
Can't? Didn't think so.
Doesn't work, because some of us actually have other things that need to be done that require being offline, and cannot be at your constant beck and call.

Do you still want to continue this?

· GrassHopper
8,185 Posts
On the note of guns on tribal lands in AZ... If you are on state managed roads you are ok. As soon as you leave the state managed road, you are subject to the tribal laws. For example, you are driving on the 73 through White River, AZ on your way to Showlow. If you get pulled over on the 73, and stay in the shoulder of the road when pulled over, you will be fine. But if you pull off the 73, onto say Chief Ave, you are no longer protected by the state law, you are in tribal jurisdiction.

· Hail Commifornia
6,359 Posts
On the note of guns on tribal lands in AZ... If you are on state managed roads you are ok. As soon as you leave the state managed road, you are subject to the tribal laws. For example, you are driving on the 73 through White River, AZ on your way to Showlow. If you get pulled over on the 73, and stay in the shoulder of the road when pulled over, you will be fine. But if you pull off the 73, onto say Chief Ave, you are no longer protected by the state law, you are in tribal jurisdiction.
Very interesting. So it is a very fine line, as it was stated before you have to know the laws prior. I'm tryong for my CCW and should know this stuff although there are very few Tribal lands where I am at I think.

· Registered
441 Posts
series11 said:
That is crazy, but if he wasn't allowed to have a firearm on duty per his guard card or contract or whatever they have, then he acted out of his authority I think. I think there is an underlined hatred for Walmart in America but many people go there, just becareful in the middle of the night....
I guess WalMart does not allow their Loss Prevention guys to carry anything.

I had a friend told me he saw his buddy get fired for carrying handcuffs.

41 - 60 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.