Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got my first hassling about OCing in a store. But of all places it was in a Walmart lol.

Some doe eyed scared old man ran to the management, "MAN WITH GUN WAH" lol. So the manager tracks me down and wants to "Ask me about the firearm". So I go sure what do you wanna know? Then proceeds to tell me about how it needs to be concealed and asks for my permit blah blah blah. I then proceed to tell him that in CO you don't need a permit to open carry and the only place that doesn't allow it is Denver, I was no where near Denver, and then went on to tell him how Walmart was one of the few companies that openly supported the Bill of Rights. After going on and on about this he finally admitted that he recently moved here and no idea what the actual laws were.

Now normally I wouldn't have had any issue with this at all, but the fact that he comes at me spouting everything I should be doing and no CLUE what the laws or his own store policies were just annoys me.

Let this be a warning to all, make sure you know your rights and the laws for where you are. Or you might get in trouble for something that isn't even against the law.

1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice, at least he backed off when he found out you were legit.

Ya tribal land everywhere from what I know is a no carry zone. In colorado Im not sure where any reservations are this far north. I know in New Mexico and AZ they're all over.

1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL. It does. I also know there are restrictions in AZ. Without a CCW you can't carry in bars. Ive spent time in Tucson, used to live there so I have relatives I visit. Every bar you go in the first thing you'll see is a no firearms sign, and these actually carry legal weight unless you have a permit.

1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
LOL I always wear a hoody.

Ya keep in mind had he at any point asked me to leave I'd have left him with the cart full of **** to put away. Then I would have immediately called and complained with Walmart's corporate office. As soon as I explained to him state and city laws, as well as his own companies policies he said ok and let me continue to shop. He also looked at the old man and said "Scares the hell out of me." Then turned right around and said "no offense to you" to me haha.

I have no intention to ever break the law or cause problems with my firearms. The anti-gun freaks have enough ammo as it is without me adding to it. I was just annoyed that he had no clue about local laws or his stores policy but he had the nerve to try and tell me what I SHOULD be doing according to whatever rules he pulled out of his ass.

The real funny thing is that like I said I've been carrying there at least 6 weeks, and constantly buy ammo there. Hell the last time I was there I had a huge conversation with the girl that sells me ammo, a Navy guy, and an old lady. Little old lady had no cares about my gun.

1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
And holy crap, I don't think I could even wear a hoody in Phoenix in March. I came from Tucson to Denver, and now when ever I go back I swear to god I melt to nothing, and Phoenix is worse with all the concrete absorbing the heat.

1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Didn't help, hell it completed the damn look!

Well I'm half way through my permit waiting period. SIGH. Oh well, only another 6 weeks to go...

1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
12 weeks total? Ya'll must be on an old system. It used to take that long here but now, it's only 3 weeks.
The county I'm in is, well was i guess, known for going over the 90 day limit. But I ended up getting a call 72 days in. So almost 3 weeks early.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.