Glock Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell us your story...

Last night as I was hanging at my friend's house, a guy was trying to break into the neighbor's house. We called him on the phone and told him what was going on. I walked by the side of the house with the neighbor on the phone and told him to turn on the back light when I told him to.

Glock 19 in hand I told him to turn on his back yard lights. As he did, I came off the wall and watch the guy's face twitch like if he saw a ghost when the G19 was aimed at him. The reason I had my weapon out was because he was using a crowbar to open the back door, I figured if this guy decides to use that crowbar on me he's not getting a shot.

To make a long story short, The home owner called 911 and tied the guy with zip ties until the police arrived. This is what shocked me. THE COPS WANTED TO CHARGE THE NEIGHBOR FOR HOLDING THE GUY AGAINST HIS WILL BY TYING HIM WITH ZIP TIES!!!!!

They didnt, but can you believe this crap???

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
oooh....be careful, man, that is a very thin line that you both could have crossed.

You pointed the gun at him before he was cognizant of your presence? That could be turned into "you threatened his life with a gun when he was not threatening your life and in fact was not even aware you were there".

And your neighbor tying up the would-be intruder? That can fall under unlawful detention.

All depends on Florida's laws, which other Members would be more qualified than I to comment on.

Glad you are all safe, nobody got hurt, and no shots had to be fired. Be safe, bro, know the laws (I know the laws here, but they might not apply over there).

Cheers!

·
Registered
467 Posts
You should get a copy of, "Florida Firearms. Law, Use and Ownership" Any gun shop has a copy! It is the same book LE references in regards to gun laws. You have no idea how lucky you and the neighbor are. By law, you may have been eligible to spend more time in the Grey Bar Hotel, than the intruder. Being in the right does not always equate to justice and ignorance of the law is not a defense! You could be the next Zimmerman if your not careful.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im glad everything turned out OK. The guy was drugged out of mind and had like 8 warrants. The cops were ok with how I handled the situation from my part. He had a crowbar, wearing all black and trying to break into a property.

As the police said, I had all the reasons I needed to make an approach with my handgun drawn.

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
Happysniper1 said:
oooh....be careful, man, that is a very thin line that you both could have crossed.

You pointed the gun at him before he was cognizant of your presence? That could be turned into "you threatened his life with a gun when he was not threatening your life and in fact was not even aware you were there".

And your neighbor tying up the would-be intruder? That can fall under unlawful detention.

All depends on Florida's laws, which other Members would be more qualified than I to comment on.

Glad you are all safe, nobody got hurt, and no shots had to be fired. Be safe, bro, know the laws (I know the laws here, but they might not apply over there).

Cheers!
^^^^^^^^^^^
Agree!!!!

·
Banned
636 Posts
I'm in Florida and happy sniper is right on the money. I think you knowing your neighbor is home and the guy had what could be considered a lethal weapon would be legal enough to be drawn though. Glad you guys got off and took a damn thief off the streets.

Beers for you guys.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
8 warrants?

You guys should get a commendation letter at the very least from the local PD! One less scumbag to worry about...sadly, 200 Million left!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Happysniper1 said:
8 warrants?

You guys should get a commendation letter at the very least from the local PD! One less scumbag to worry about...sadly, 200 Million left!
The neighbor said to come over for BBQ and Beers today and that him an his wife are very greatful of our actions. However, I'm driving down to Miami for WRESTLEMANIA!! :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Happysniper1 said:
8 warrants?

OPD is very appreciative... Being that I'm a public figure here in Orlando, they have always been able to come on my show for interviews. They chief even gave me a pass for the Casey Anthony's case!

Awesome job by Orlando PD.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts