Washington Has anyone read about new proposed gun legislation in WA?

Discussion in 'North West USA' started by Lucian_253, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

Read a short article about something that WA State is trying to get on the November ballot that would make almost all my firearms illegal. Anyone read up on this, or know more about it?

2. cbomboy

cbomboy Member

I will pray for you guys in WA. God bless and stay strong

3. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Oh hell what they trying to do up there unfortunately the ca liberal idiots have migrated up there .

4. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

I fear we are going to face the same thing here in Oregon before long.

5. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

Way I read some of these bills. Glock, and like pistols, semi auto rifles and shotguns would be illegal. Also subject to surrender??

6. Cubbie_Blues

Cubbie_Blues Well-Known Member

My nephew is stationed in Washington. Need to see if he has heard anything about this.

7. aDave

aDave Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I assume you are referring to HB 2354.

I quickly looked through it, and it is very similar to existing law in CA...go figure.:rolleyes: To address some of your comments...based upon my read of the text (and not my experience in CA), certain rifles, pistols, and shotguns are being defined as an "assault weapon." In short, certain firearms that end up having certain features will meet the definition. (Start on page 5, line 25 of the bill text.)

Your typical AR, AK and other similar rifles would meet the definition; Glock pistols would NOT meet the definition; semi-auto shotguns would have to have certain features to be classified as such.

There appears to be no "surrender" element in the bill, as firearms meeting the definition appear to be grandfathered. But, if the bill moves through and is signed into law, the AW will not be able to be transferred (after the effective date) except under very specific conditions. And, no, you will not be able to pass your AW to your kids or sell to the average person.

The bill also classifies a magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds as a "high capacity magazine," and you won't be able to buy or transfer those either. If you own them now, you're OK.

Keep in mind that amendments can be made, but if this goes through in WA, I'll think you'll see alot more of stuff like this in largely blue states.

Good luck. It's only going to get worse.

Dave

8. Jaywalk

Jaywalk English Mother#%!^#@! Supporter

Sounds very similar to California. Will have to keep an eye on this and see where it goes. Very misguided.
    Thanks for heads up Lucian_253.