Has anyone ever sent their Glock to Glock Inc. for repairs?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Glock897, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Sent mine last week and was curious what the average turnaround time was?

2. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Yes, and it may depend on the current workload.
    You didn't say why you sent it in. New sights? Probably a couple weeks. New frame or barrel could take several weeks.

3. Glock897

Glock897 Member

My G19G3 had erratic ejections, FTF,FTE

4. Bigodie76

Bigodie76 New Member

I got my first Glock not long ago and before it all I had ever owned was a few cheap semi autos but have shot alot of different type of handguns and for me Glock has been the best shooting gun I have ever shot right out of the box, the sights were perfect and at 25 yds I can hit everything I aim at! Not sure what went wrong when you purchased your Glock but if its a gun malfunction Im sure Glock will fix the problem but it sounds to me like you might just need to get used to the Glock to appreciate it

5. I sent one out the week before Christmas and STILL had it back with in two weeks.

6. thinkricky

thinkricky Member Supporter

I think I remember your thread on this. I wonder what is causing that.

7. Glock897

Glock897 Member

I'm a retired Police Officer and had a G19 my entire career without any problems and I just got a G26 last week and shot 200 rounds without any problems. I don't think I could ever "get used to" my G19 jamming and ejecting brass at my face.

8. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Thats good to hear. Why did you send yours in?

9. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Not sure I thought it was the 336 ejector but i just got a G26 with a 336 ejector and so far it's been perfect.

10. The 336 ejector isn't the problem. That same 336 ejector has been the 9mm ejector since the birth of Glock. The recent 30274 9mm ejectors are just something to mask other unknown issues some are experiencing.

My first Gen4 19{test fire date may/11, purchased August 11} went back for erratic ejection. Never ever jammed just ejection issues. My second{test fire date 11/11 purchased 12/11} already had the 30274 and 043 and has ran flawless since new. My Gen4 17{test fire date 5/11 purchased 2/12} also needed the ejector replaced for EE's but I did it myself after a local armorer ordered it for me.

11. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

5-19-12

Same gun and the problem is back?

12. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Yep. When I went to the range, the issues started up again.

13. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Because the armorer "TWEAKED" the ejector I might throw the whole thing, trigger housing and ejector away. See I don't know if it was done with the ejector in the housing or not and it is just plastic. But because you stated the problem fixed and it returned I would have to assume the trigger housing is trashed too.

A (FTF) Failure to Feed or, Failure to Fire?

A cleaning of and checking on the extractor might be the next step if you are having a Failure to Feed issue. A tight extractor can cause that, as well as many other things.

A Failure to Fire with a Failure to Feed is usually associated with Limp wristing and this will also cause erratic problems.

The other (FTE) Failure to Extract or Failure to Eject?

Just too many things that can cause all these issues with out having the gun here to look at.

Please allow me to add: I personally have never seen a GLOCK, New right out of the box that won't shoot as designed. Most of the problems are shooter induced or involves ammo issues.

We here on this site, as far as I know don't know the condition of the weapon either so trying to dianognos the problem is all but a guess, IMHO without just telling you to replace parts, one peice at a time.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012