Happy Oklahoman

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by yotis_hootis, May 18, 2012.

1. Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum. I am now a proud owner of a Glock 23. So glad I made that purchase. I have lived in Oklahoma most of my life. I am a disabled veteran served time over in the middle east during desert shield and storm. I have always been a hunter and believe that every man and woman should be able to carry. I also believe that every man and woman should go thru appropriate safety training.
    Glad to see our governor signed the open carry bill since i am not the best at keeping my weapon concealed like I think I should. I have something to ask of ya'll...I am looking for some kind of weapon retention training. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for the welcome, glad to be here.

2. officerX

officerX Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum!

3. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome again yotis and thank you for your service. I am thankful that the "Founders" had the fore site to include the 2nd Amendment in our Bill of Rights. Happy Shooting.

4. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, Yotis_hootis, and WELCOME to the Forum!

5. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Welcome to the forum!! I am also in Oklahoma, in Oklahoma City to be exact. I too am glad Governor Fallin signed the Open Carry bill into law. I've lived here most of my life as well. I've been in law enforcement for just over 6 years now and would be more than happy to discuss retention techniques with you.

6. that would be great. I have watched a few vids on youtube and found some good things to work on, like hand/arm exercises for a stronger grip. And those exercises are about the only thing I would think you could do by yourself. The other stuff was fending attackers off your hip. We still have a few more months before open carry is in effect, but I like to be more prepared before hand. Thanks in advance.

7. Welcome to the forum and thank you SO much for your service!

8. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum. I too am from Oklahoma city and have lived here most of my life. And yes, thank you for your service. Enjoy, there's a lot of good info on this forum.

9. 10mil

10mil Is That a .40....nope its a 10MM!

GA
    welcome to the forum!! thank for your service

10. Welcome! Okc here as well!

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum yotis_hootis !

12. Welcome to our happy home!

13. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Welcome to the Forum. And thanks for your service.

I to own a G23 and it is a master piece ;) mine is a GEN 4 I also have her little sister the 27.