Happy Convert (Glock noob)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by themachinehead, May 25, 2012.

1. themachinehead

themachinehead New Member

Hey guys. I'm new to Glock. I've been running an M&P prior and tried out a friends Glock 19 a couple weeks ago ... well this past weekend, I picked up one of my own--G19 gen 4. I couldn't be happier.

I noticed that the ejection pattern (or lack of) is erratic; I even took 7 or 8 to the face at some point. I'm about to check the springs in my mags, but have also had my local armorer contact Glock to inquire about the 30274 ejectors. I'm hoping either one or both will solve the problem.

Other than that, I'm pretty darn pleased and I'm glad to join the ranks.

2. bfish

bfish Member

Welcome! Congrats on the 19! That's the next one on my list:) I've herd a lot on other threads about the ejectors on those but you're already on the right track. Once again welcome!

3. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the Glock Forum themachinehead!

4. themachinehead

Thanks bfish, good to be here.

I'm checking out a video that I found under "Range Reports" by TheGearTester. Looks like he had the same ejection issues, and Glock told him to not use 115 grain. Well my first and only time out, I went through about 4 boxes of 124 grain Blazers straight and I still had the problem. Hmmm, ah well, we'll see what happens after that ejectors replaced. I'm extremely happy regardless. Good luck on acquiring yours!

5. Some of the extractors are replaced for free by Glock, it depends on which you have

6. themachinehead

Hopefully the 336's is on the list :D

7. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Hey themachinhead! Glad to have you here this is a great forum and you will enjoy all the great conversation and wealth of information! Welcome!

8. bigben

bigben Member

Where would that 336 be stamped? Lol

9. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum! I hope you enjoy yourself here and enjoy that new Glock as well.

10. themachinehead

Thanks dutchs. Learning lots by just cruising the threads. Lots of good stuff here.

bigben - my bad, I was speaking to the ejector not extractor.

11. themachinehead

Thanks GAgal. Love that Annie Oakley quote haha!

12. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Great TMH, Any questions or concerns find the sub forum and ask! You will get a multitude of answers any forum problems we accept PM's if needed. Enjoy!

13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

14. themachinehead

Thanks SHOOTER13. Good to be here