Glock Forum banner

Haley strategic skimmer glock trigger

9K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Mike P 
#1 ·
Travis Haley Talks about his new Glock Trigger. The SKIMMER Enhanced Carry Trigger System
Sounds pretty cool.
[ame]http://youtu.be/bWEnIJ3VUOQ[/ame]

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Yeah, just saw that. I was all in until the price hit me! $159.00 for reduced take up is not going to happen for me. I'd be a buyer at $75 but 36% of the Guns cost for a trigger is a bit too much for me. The Glock trigger is not bad as it is IMO. If this was for a Sig or something then it would be worth it.
I think it's a too pricey also. I am curious to see it close up. I am wondering how they got rid of the pre travel using all OEM parts

Discussion starter · #5 ·
I would be also. I have not been impressed by any of the previous triggers from watching them fail in competition. I would never put one in a carry gun, but if Travis is putting his reputation on it, it's likely squared away.

I don't run Geissles either for the cost reason. Guess I'm just weird when it comes to triggers. If it gets the job done (Spikes MILSPEC Boron trigger and Factory Glock trigger) then it's good enough for me.
My wife won one of the Geissle SD-C flat triggers in a raffle at Larue Range Day. I have yet to install it.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
I think you can add a jentra Overtravel Stop up front and do the same thing. Has anyone tried this? Would anyone like to try this? I have a few here and will send them out (free) for some reviews.

Edwin
I don't think that would work. The mag is very close to that part of the trigger bar, not enough room. Mr. Haley says they use all Glock factory parts. The only way I can think of pulling this off using factory parts and not defeating any safeties is to somehow shorten the trigger bar between the trigger and the nub on the trigger bar that engages the firing pin stop/plunger, and then taking a small amount of material off the trigger safety where it touches the frame inside the trigger guard. I really want to see one up close.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
That last "half-inch of travel" is the distance the cruxiform travels off the drop safety as I see it.
I suppose you could shorten that but in my eyes it's going to reduce the rearward travel of the firing pin, reducing the primer stike energy.
Must have a heavier firing pin spring?
The kit includes:

• Smooth Trigger w/ Trigger Bar / Reduced Pre-Travel
  • Trigger Housing w/ Ejector
  • Minus Connector
  • Trigger Spring
  • Firing Pin spring
  • Firing pin safety spring
  • Firing Pin Safety
  • Spring cups

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.