Haley strategic skimmer glock trigger

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by jln370, Dec 21, 2011.

1. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
    Travis Haley Talks about his new Glock Trigger. The SKIMMER Enhanced Carry Trigger System
    Sounds pretty cool.
    [ame]http://youtu.be/bWEnIJ3VUOQ[/ame]

2. DVCguns

DVCguns New Member

Yeah, just saw that. I was all in until the price hit me! $159.00 for reduced take up is not going to happen for me. I'd be a buyer at $75 but 36% of the Guns cost for a trigger is a bit too much for me. The Glock trigger is not bad as it is IMO. If this was for a Sig or something then it would be worth it.

3. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
    I think it's a too pricey also. I am curious to see it close up. I am wondering how they got rid of the pre travel using all OEM parts

4. DVCguns

DVCguns New Member

I would be also. I have not been impressed by any of the previous triggers from watching them fail in competition. I would never put one in a carry gun, but if Travis is putting his reputation on it, it's likely squared away.

I don't run Geissles either for the cost reason. Guess I'm just weird when it comes to triggers. If it gets the job done (Spikes MILSPEC Boron trigger and Factory Glock trigger) then it's good enough for me.

5. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
    My wife won one of the Geissle SD-C flat triggers in a raffle at Larue Range Day. I have yet to install it.

6. DVCguns

DVCguns New Member

They are nice. I've installed a few for customers and try not to test them more than a few times for fear of being overcome with...
    [​IMG]

7. $17 trigger skimmer

I think you can add a jentra Overtravel Stop up front and do the same thing. Has anyone tried this? Would anyone like to try this? I have a few here and will send them out (free) for some reviews.

Edwin

8. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
    I don't think that would work. The mag is very close to that part of the trigger bar, not enough room. Mr. Haley says they use all Glock factory parts. The only way I can think of pulling this off using factory parts and not defeating any safeties is to somehow shorten the trigger bar between the trigger and the nub on the trigger bar that engages the firing pin stop/plunger, and then taking a small amount of material off the trigger safety where it touches the frame inside the trigger guard. I really want to see one up close.

9. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

That last "half-inch of travel" is the distance the cruxiform travels off the drop safety as I see it.
    I suppose you could shorten that but in my eyes it's going to reduce the rearward travel of the firing pin, reducing the primer stike energy.

10. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
    Must have a heavier firing pin spring?
    The kit includes:

• Smooth Trigger w/ Trigger Bar / Reduced Pre-Travel
    • Trigger Housing w/ Ejector
    • Minus Connector
    • Trigger Spring
    • Firing Pin spring
    • Firing pin safety spring
    • Firing Pin Safety
    • Spring cups

11. any of you guys have gen 4's and have experience with prev. gen's and there trigger pull and pre-travel ??

My gen 4 pre-travle is disgusting and the only connector that is worth a **** in it is a GLOCK OE, I had a ghoast in it and a freind of mine (John the Glock doc) put a GLOCK 3.5 in it and it was like night and day.........
    lighter crisper smoother at release....
    the only thing we could figure is that they changed the trigger block's size due to changing the frame size and that messed with the angle of the connector :confused:.

the gen 4 just sucks in the trigger dept. compared to all my other GLOCK's

12. I was told that they are eliminating the safety on the pistol. Would really suck to drop it. Anyone know if this is true?

13. Glock22Gen3

Glock22Gen3 New Member

Dry fire your Glock, leave the trigger back, rack the slide then just let off the trigger until you hear and feel the trigger reset. Then pull the trigger back again. It's only about a quarter inch back to return the trigger to position for firing the next round.

Utilize your trigger reset and save the money he's asking. He didn't mention the trigger reset at all he just played on the uneducated Glock owners that don't know about trigger reset and let off the trigger all the way, typical of someone trying to sell their product!

14. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

Too pricey..

Just get the trigger mechanism housing with adjustable overtravel stop ($20).. Grind .05-1.0mm off the metal part that locks the striker to eliminate that "creep" after every reset (optional).

15. hermdog2004

hermdog2004 New Member

I wonder how this trigger would hold up in court, if i were to use it on my ccw gun, and shoot someone if my life were in danger.

16. Glock22Gen3

Glock22Gen3 New Member

Well, my opinion is you pulled the trigger not the trigger pulled its self so I just couldn't see that being an issue at all. But I'm not the law so,,,,,,,

17. hermdog2004

hermdog2004 New Member

Yeah its just the fact that if anyone really does any modifications to a trigger or whatnot, the act of getting off free, wouldn't really hold up in my favor. I've read some articles where people have been sent to jail because of trigger modifications and the prosecutors use this as evidence against the defendants.

18. Glock22Gen3

Glock22Gen3 New Member

One of the brothers has a patch that says, if guns kill people then pencils cause miss spelled words. The prosecutors will find anything to get the jury to see it their way, and to those who are not gun smart they will sucker to it like the pencil effect!

19. I've mentioned this in other threads but try using a Gen3 bar in the Gen4. By doing so you lose that stupid bump on the Gen4 bar and that added bend where the spring connects. Not sure why Glock changed those things but it wasn't necessarily for the better. If you have a comparable model you could temporarily swap one into your Gen4 to try it out. When I first did it, I swapped a Gen3 27 bar into a Gen4 19 as a test. I think you will like the results.