Hairspray Cans

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Junior-G-man, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Junior-G-man

Junior-G-man Beak 'em Hawks!

If you shoot an aerosol can of hair spray, will it blow up? I know they make awesome flame throwers.

2. subbie27x

subbie27x New Member

There's no ignition source from a simple gunshot so I don't think so, unless you were firing tracers.:eek:

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

I wouldn't stand to close...contents is under pressure !!

4. a 1lb coleman propane bottle about 2ft away from a bonfire with a carefully placed shot does amazing things.......don't ask me how I know this.;)

5. Bwahahahahaha! Just imagining this has me rolling on the floor laughing.

6. I was told:rolleyes:.......it was a real good thing it happened in the middle of now where because of the boom that ensued.

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Tannerite! the one and only.

BTW, on the long distance range, we would get a plastic 1-gallon gas can, fill it half-n-half with diesel and regular gas. Duct tape a stick of dynamite to the front of the can, and a lit road flare to the back, and take aim (from over 100+ yards!!!!) with our rifles, and if anyone hits the dynamite it goes BLAM, spreads the gas/fuel mix instantly atomizing it, ignited by the road flare, and BA-BOOOM!!!.

All we needed to do it legally, believe it or not, was a valid burn permit and the guy autorized with the dynamite (he was with the Division of Mines).

Almost as much fun as shooting a G18! (almost, but not quite)

8. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I hear a road flare near a shot 20lb propane cylinder is truly awe inspiring, to the point of making you want to wet yourself at 100 yards :eek:

9. Motorcharge

Motorcharge New Member

It would likely violently rupture, but not actually explode. Nothing would actually ignite.

10. american lockpicker

american lockpicker New Member

I've done this before when I was in high school... Also I videotaped it and got grounded from guns for 6 months...

11. 66Goat389

66Goat389 New Member

Speaking of tannerite..... You tube tannerite oakley and two of my videos tannerite vs fridge and barrel.... The fridge was in black/white.... There literally was nothing left of the fridge.

12. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

THAT WAS YOU!!!!

WAY COOL!

(Sorry folks, I just love Tannerite!) :)

13. 66Goat389

66Goat389 New Member

Yeah look up tannerite anthology and 20 pounds vs. toyota. Someone I know did this about a month before my tannerite video. They used like 4 iphones and it turned out awesome