Had It With All This Virtue Signaling

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Richard Davis, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Richard Davis

Richard Davis Well-Known Member

This contention has become more and more clear to me, my wife and I were talking about it this morning.

The way things have been in at least the last decade or so, the left is going to vote Democrat, conservatives will vote Republican (at least for a lack of a better choice), and the "independents" will likely decide the elections.

With all this violent chaos that has been going on the last few months, there is no way the left, who is responsible for ALL of it, is going to sway the independents. They may scare a few by using intimidation, but not enough.

Therefore, they will try to resort to cheating. This is their contingency or possibly emergency plan - since their other hoaxes didn't work ("Russian Collusion" act 1 and act 2). They are now trying to over hype the - in my opinion - already overhyped dempanic...er pandemic. They are pushing the narrative that "it's too dangerous to go out there and vote!" so "we have to have mail-in voting." Which is, and has been proven, to be ripe for cheating. The left's mainstream media propaganda machine is at it now and watch how it will grow to full force in the next few months.

RevV, NWG40, Bayou and 3 others like this.
  2. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

Doesn’t sound out of the realm of possibility. I was really surprised when MLB went down that road because it seems to me that baseball fans are generally Hispanic and Caucasian. Most of the Hispanics I know are not Democrats. The Cubans especially are very conservative.

Richard Davis likes this.

3. Richard Davis

Bayou, I think this mutiny will hurt baseball MUCH more than all the other professional sports for this very reason. They certainly didn't have to go down this path, and MLB as an organization could have nipped in the bud and essentially could have blamed it on a few rogue players, but instead - to the detrament of us all - they embraced it fully. That's what makes me inclined to think a/some sjws got to MLB, and "made them an offer that they couldn't refuse". Kind of like I'm inclined to think that someone "got to" a chief justice a few years ago that suddenly, and tragically, changed his tune.

Bayou and Danzig like this.
  4. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

I hope the MLB eventually comes to their senses because I still miss watching the Astros, but not enough to watch them while they support this "movement". This is the biggest bunch of nationwide nonsense I could have even dreamed would come about. God help the USA!

Richard Davis and Danzig like this.
  5. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

MLB is one of the things I watch most on youtube; usually highlights & bloopers and such; not full games. Hope they don't damage it for the long run.

Bayou and Richard Davis like this.
  6. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    3F38627A-AC36-4E58-8195-2BA7C0734793.jpeg
    Thank you Tiffany.

mattm, NQNPIII, Richard Davis and 2 others like this.
  7. Danzig

Texas
  8. Richard Davis

I don't have any clue who this "Tiffany" is, but if she is going to be that ignorant and arrogant then it's probably better for society to not have to deal with her potential offspring.

Bayou, mattm and Danzig like this.
  9. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

Actress, married to - or maybe just shacking up with - Common, another actor (who is really talented actually). Celebrity couple with a combined net worth near fifty million dollars.

You know, typical victim in our society.

LElliott, NWG40, Bayou and 4 others like this.
  10. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

She sounds too selfish to raise any kind of responsible kids anyway.

Danzig and Richard Davis like this.
  11. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

I remember as a kid being told it was time for bed, so I would sneak my little transistor radio under my pillow and fall asleep listening to games. This is just like the radio I used to listen to the Astros on as a kid; wish I still had it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  12. Richard Davis

Same here! I remember my Reds (at the time) having to face the "Killer B's": Bagwell, Bigio, Bell, and Nolan Ryan and Mike Scott (could never touch his split finger). I remember getting both Jose Cruz and later Billy Doran (Cincinnati native) towards the end of their careers.
    Also remember, one night after stealthily listening to the ballgame under the pillow, flipping the switch to FM "AFC" and tuning into the local "hard rock" channel WEBN (had never dared to do this before) and stumbling onto Joan Jett and the Black Hearts "I Love Rock N Roll". Felt like "the first time", I was such a rebel!

Bayou, Danzig and Southlake like this.
  13. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Now y’all are talking

Bayou and Richard Davis like this.
  14. Danzig

Texas
    81DDB95A-7BB0-4480-BB7E-D5E238175904.png
    Snapchat alert today.
    Hmmm.think they might be nervous about the election?

Bayou, Richard Davis and Southlake like this.
  15. Danzig

Texas
    Sent them a response that I’m voting Trump.

LElliott, NWG40, Bayou and 3 others like this.
  16. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Let’s see how long it takes them to ban you.

LElliott, Bayou, mattm and 1 other person like this.
  17. Danzig

Texas
    I never posted anything. The girlfriend installed it.

Bayou and Southlake like this.
  18. NQNPIII

NQNPIII Well-Known Member

That and the keystroke tracer.

I know a woman that installed an app that recorded her BF's conversations. Stupid woman should have dumped the guy but she's an idiot especially when she heard how he talked about her. Probably still with the guy 1+ years later.

LElliott and Danzig like this.
  19. Richard Davis

20. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

Not that bad since it wouldn't be the exact one I had, which eventually got a battery leak and had to be thrown away from the corrosion. I made the mistake of storing it in a drawer w/o removing the battery 1st. The gas stations back in the 60's really had some cool toys that you could earn credits for after so many fill ups. My grandfather got this radio for me since my dad always filled up at ENCO (later Exxon) since he retired from Exxon after 38 years working there.

LElliott, mattm and Richard Davis like this.