Guns in parking lots bill makes VW exec 'nervous'

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by jrd5173, Apr 17, 2012.

1. jrd5173

jrd5173 New Member

This was on the local news today in Nashville, TN.

"The head of Volkswagen in Chattanooga is speaking out against the controversial guns in parking lots bill. VW's Frank Fischer told the Associated Press on Monday night that the proposal makes him nervous. The bill is up for a vote in a House committee Tuesday morning. The plan would allow gun owners to keep their firearms locked in their vehicles while parked at work. Amendments to the idea would limit the bill to gun owners with handgun carry permits or state hunting licenses."

2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, Jrd5173, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Nice bit of news there, thanks for sharing.

Please post a *Hi There* in the Introductions section, and tell us a little about you and your Glocks, so that other Members can welcome you into the family as well.

Cheers!

3. brannon67

brannon67 New Member

So much for the Car is an extension of your home thing if they allow this. People are such idiots. No common sense what so ever. I guess they are scared that some crazy, disgruntled employee is going to go off and go to their car and get their gun and come into the office/work and start shooting. True, it has happened, tragically, but you cant base it all on a few crazy nuts. Hell, I wish I could conceal carry on me in the office, to be ready for stuff like that.

4. Tell him this is America and he is welcome to go to Germany or whatever country VW is made in.