Glock Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
13,458 Posts
I would like to take this opportunity to remind the audience of this thread that unless the post concerns a matter of opinion (and therefore subject to whatever prejudices the poster or reader alike may have), that information posted should be FACTUAL and can be substantiated with DOCUMENTATION.

Posts such as these are often created to address a specific question or inquire into a specific concern.

Posting replies that either do not address that specific subject matter, or that fly into the land of unsubstantiated fantasy, most especially claims of physical impossibilities made for the purpose of obfuscation or derision, SHALL NOT BE TOLERATED.

THIS SHALL BE THE ONLY WARNING. Continued violation of these rules shall result in the posts being deleted and/or the offender being banned.

To the Original Poster, Brutane, we ask that you ignore irrelevant comments.

Thank you all for your cooperation.

· Registered
13,458 Posts
I hope this helps:

I live in Northern Nevada, in the High Desert, where summertime temps can and often do go over 100*F. Inside the car, without cracking a window and in direct sunlight, the sustained temps have regularly gone over 110*F and higher. I always have spare magazines in the car, in either the center console box or the glove box, and have never had any detonation issues.

I have noticed some degradation of performance of gunpowders (mostly in rifle calibers) when the ammo is hot to the touch, but nothing serious enough to result in malfunctions of the ammo or the weapon, even if the ammo is left in direct sunlight and is so hot to the touch that it is hard to load the magazines.

If it helps, Mythbusters did a series of experiments to debunk the myth of disposable cigarette lighters spontaneously detonating in a car heated by the sun. Myth busted.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.