Gun transfer

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Ltrain, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

I'm a first time buyer. If I buy from an individual where should the transfer take place? I ain't trying to get robbed!

2. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Between FFL dealers. You need to discuss the transfer with a dealer you select on your end.

3. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

So you can't do it person to person in public?

4. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Depending on the state, you can. You need to get bill of sale, ID etc. He will need your information as well. Make sure it is a trusted source.

If you are a first time buyer, I recommend going through a store first...just my .02 cents worth. If you are dead-set on buying this particular gun, go to a gun dealer and ask what you need. Most of them will give you and honest answer and know the state and federal laws.

5. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

Thank you it makes sense.

6. portercc

portercc New Member

If you have Academy Sports in your area buy there. Wait until you are a little more seasoned before buying a used weapon from an individual or a gun show. Buy new and buy Glock. It's a better investment show you decide this isn't the sport for you.

7. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

Thanks and I'm in mass it's difficult to buy new glocks but I will go to dealer.

8. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I imagine Mass. Isn't too far off gun wise from New Jersey. When I lived in NJ we would drive out to gun shows in PA to get stuff that was harder to find in NJ. We also went to a gunrange in PA to rent guns to try. Don't know if you have a gunfriendly state near you, just putting that out there as an option.