·
Dude
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
385 Posts
http://www.biblicalselfdefense.com/
Is another good read... I feel as a Christian that guns are just fine in the hands of good men. People killed and plundered in the old testament. God didn't want people to be unarmed. People carried swords and bows against their enemy, today would be no different. Those were the latest technology of the "day".

Exodus 22:2-3 2 "If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed. 3 "If the sun has risen on him, there shall be guilt for his bloodshed.

I think that says alone that you can act in self defense.

These two articles are a great read on where Christians stand on gun control.
Just my two cents.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Snake oil.
Half the country wants more guns, better training and education with a small percentage that didn't take the poll.
The other half wants gun control of some sort.

An armed society is a polite one. I want better schools that actually teach necessary skills to produce a meaningful lifestyle and get rid of the "Somebody owes me a living" way of life.

·
Registered
385 Posts
G-23 said:
Snake oil.
Half the country wants more guns, better training and education with a small percentage that didn't take the poll.
The other half wants gun control of some sort.

An armed society is a polite one. I want better schools that actually teach necessary skills to produce a meaningful lifestyle and get rid of the "Somebody owes me a living" way of life.
Well said!!

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
I'm Jewish, from the northeast and want more people to carry... Less gun control, more gun education. I don't see where this study has done anything towards a real picture of who wants what. I think many more support the 2nd amendment than this reflects.

·
Dude
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wrpNYFL said:
Less gun control, more gun education. I don't see where this study has done anything towards a real picture of who wants what. I think many more support the 2nd amendment than this reflects.
I think you might be correct on that. It does seem low.. And what can you learn by questions to only 1,000 people? This was on theblaze... I would think Beck would sponsor his own study.

·
Registered
385 Posts
wrpNYFL said:
I'm Jewish, from the northeast and want more people to carry... Less gun control, more gun education. I don't see where this study has done anything towards a real picture of who wants what. I think many more support the 2nd amendment than this reflects.
Not to be off subject, I used to work at an orthodox Jewish camp... I don't know how strict you follow any of the orthodox rules, but what are some of the Jewish perspectives on guns and gun control?
I would have asked my orthodox friends, but that was before I had an interest in firearms.

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
RockoutwithmyGlockout said:
Not to be off subject, I used to work at an orthodox Jewish camp... I don't know how strict you follow any of the orthodox rules, but what are some of the Jewish perspectives on guns and gun control?
I would have asked my orthodox friends, but that was before I had an interest in firearms.
I am extremely Reformed... The exact opposite of Orthodox.... My wife and children are Catholic. My parents are Evangelical Atheists, so to speak...

I know Jews who are gun people and who are very anti-gun. Also, remember that I am in Westchester County, NY, which is notoriously leftist. Three very good Dem friends actually vouched for me getting my pistol license (you need 4 notarized affidavits of character reference). One had been a gun owner, one wants me to take him shooting. Two are Jewish, one Catholic.

So, it's hard to say how pro-2nd amendment they are, but they aren't fanatically against, for sure. They certainly don't have an issue with me shooting...

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Danzig said:
Oy vey! You put a schtuk in your mothers heart.
What?!? You putz, stop it..... Lol.

Besides, she can wait in the rain for a little while...

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Danzig said:
Oy vey! You put a schtuk in your mothers heart.
As an aside... Can you guess who the black sheep in the family is? Oh wait, it's my Born Again brother (really).

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Danzig said:
Holy cow! Passover Seder must be entertaining.
It does get interesting.... Mostly politics and religion are off limits, other than the festivities involved. Oh by the way, my parents have, all my life, and continue to do Christmas BIG TIME... Always a tree and tons of gifts. Even stockings. My mother was shamed into doing a Seder and Chanukah by my Catholic wife, who told her that we were teaching our children about their Jewish heritage.

Not too schizophrenic of an upbringing...

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Sorry for being afar from the topic...

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Us Orthodox Jews tend to be very conservative. There is no "official" Orthodox position, but all the Orthodox Jews I know are very pro gun/2A. We have several
who carry to synagogue on the sabbath (they are ex IDF) for protection. Unfortunately terrorism is always a real threat to us.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Here is a Good Website! I have been a Fan of these guys long before the internet! I also know Rabbi's who pack!

http://jpfo.org/homepage.htm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.