Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Most of the time I use Mil Tec1 or Weapon shield on the inside. I've also been know to use Mobile 1, but that is usually on rifles.

On the outside, CorrosionX

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I use Hoppe's gun oil because it us what came with my cleaning kit.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've used CLP since my military days but have recently discovered Gun Butter. I'm thinking I like that (GB) much better than CLP.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I use Ballistol. It's a great lubricating oil and corrosion protection oil.

I used to use Hoppe's Oil, it was a good lubricating oil but horrible for corrosion protection. My G23 is an older one that has bare steel frame rails, one of the frame rails had a small spot of surface rust develop on it while it was literally dripping with Hoppe's Oil. I cleaned the surface rust off and have used Ballistol ever since, and the rust has never returned.

I also found some very light surface rust in the internal areas of both of my slides, and I'd always been told "No oil in the slide internals". Well after I cleaned the surface rust out, whenever I detail stripped I started wiping the internal areas of the slide with Ballistol, then wiping them relatively dry. The rust hasn't returned since.

I couldn't be happier with it.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Gun Butter for me!

Used to use Zero Friction. Found Gun Butter tends to attract less lint (or maybe it's just me?). Anyway....
well crap, now I'm going to have to try out gun butter :p

·
Registered
88 Posts
Im partial to this...

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone. I think I'm gonna try the gun butter pen first and see what happens.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts