Gun insurance

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Glock22Gen3, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Glock22Gen3

Glock22Gen3 New Member

I called State Farm and asked if I had insurance on my guns. She said yes my home owners policy covered it. I asked what if I was hunting and I fell in a creak and broke the stock on my shotgun. Well, its not covered she said. So, I took out a separate policy that will fix, replace or what ever it takes should I brake my shot gun stock or have a over charged load and get a Kaboom and blow my Glock up!

I guess what I'm getting at, it wouldn't hurt to check if your guns are protected against breakage when your out with them. She asked me which one I would have out the most. I said, well I shoot them all when I target practice. I wasn't about to say I CCW with my Glock.

That brings me to this, I have NRA self defense insurance that's not a bad idea either.

$2,500.00 cost me $38.00 per year.

2. I have the NRA insurance also.

As for gun insurance, it would depend on the deductible.

3. Glock22Gen3

Glock22Gen3 New Member

No deductible. Unless she lied to me. My house insurance had the deductible. One reason I was told to get the separate policy.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  4. EvilD

EvilD New Member

My home owners covers up to $1000 for guns lost to fire/damage, any thing over taht amountthey want specifics ie serial numbers.

5. Glock22Gen3

Glock22Gen3 New Member

I don't know what made me think to ask what my home owners insurance did cover for my guns, I'm glad I did.

6. if thats the case then you did good.

7. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Mine covers the same amount. I have that in just two firearms, so additional insurance it is. I thought we had extra...but then again I think it was just for the wife's jewelry!

8. Records, records, records.....DETAIL always up to date records. Copy those records and store in multiple places. Don't ask me how I know this.:(

9. Glock22Gen3

Glock22Gen3 New Member

I had to give serial numbers, and what I paid for them. Just before I left with this info she asked if I wanted inflation cost, meaning replacement price. I said yes and asked what it would cost on top of what I was told. She said she didn't think it was more but if it was all I had to do is change my mind and go back to just what the cost is now.

I have a separate policy on my wife's jewelry too. If I understand my home owners policy only covered her jewelry at home just like my guns used to be.

10. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Never hurts to have a fireproof gun safe for the guns and jewelry. Do you know if they give a discount if you have everything in a safe? I bet they would...

11. Glock22Gen3

Glock22Gen3 New Member

No I never asked, they didn't even ask if I had any type of safe closer of any type.

I have a 3 latch style locker and a hand gun locker bolted to the top of that. It would be hard to get a large gun safe where I would want it. Its up stairs no matter what door I go in.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012