Gun in trunk of car.

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by pjricci87, Mar 31, 2012.

1. pjricci87

pjricci87 New Member

How can I get my gun from my hip to my trunk in a busy parking lot. Can I just pull it out and place it in my trunk.

2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

That is the way a couple million people do it....everyday.

I suppose kinda twist so your hip is facing the open trunk, unholster, and place in trunk...unload if required by law...store in case if required by law. If it is not illegal to have it on your hip, it should not be illegal to have it in your car. If you are worried still, unholster while inside your car, cover it with something (a ballcap or a dust rag) and then exit the vehicle, go around to the trunk, and put it in.

If you have the legal right to have a gun, you have the freedom of it being seen while you transport it.

What city/state are you in?

3. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

People see a lot and remember even more. I myself will sit down in my car, out of view, remove the handgun, place in a jacket, then bring it to the trunk, wrapped in your jacket, towel, newspaper, etc. People don't need to know what you are doing, and should be none of their business.

4. pjricci87

pjricci87 New Member

I live in Hollywood Florida.

5. pjricci87

pjricci87 New Member

I went to a jewelry store the other day and walk to the door and saw a sign that said do not attempt to conceal weapon ext. ext. I turned around and went back to my car. I sat in my car. I was parked right in front so I was nervous. I unholster it and put it under the seat. I wasn't comfortable leaving it under the seat. Sounds like a good idea. I have to put something in my car like a jacket or something. Thanks guys

6. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Spend $25 and get a car safe. I have one of the large with combination lock. It's cabled to the rear of the driver's seat bracket and slides under the rear of the front passenger seat when my gun's in it. I have a grey interior, so even when it's not under the seat, it's hard to see. http://center-of-mass.com/Store_InCarGunSafe.htm

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

I always have at least one ballcap in the car, so covering it (the gun) when I need to unholster is never an issue. Worthy option to explore.

And if you're only going in for a quick buy, and can see your car the whole time you are in the store (as well as see anyone milling around), you should be OK with it under the seat, knowing you can grab it quick if you are accosted outside of the store.

Cheers!

8. CBS

CBS New Member

I would suggest an in car safe as well. I have one in my car. It is easy to access and secure.

9. pjricci87

pjricci87 New Member

Yah. That looks great. I'm going to order one today. Thanks

10. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

get a nano vault 200 and stick it in your car. I have two in my car that I can place guns in without ever having to leave the vehicle.

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Yes...I will second the notion of a car safe.

12. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member

I concur with the car safe. In some places, if your gun is stolen and was not secured, you may be liable for 'whatever follows.'

13. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

If you are carrying a Glock and it is loaded I would strongly recommend you have a second holster handy in the vehicle where you plan to unhloster and store the gun.

Why, it gives you a place the moment you pull the gun to place it and you can keep it loaded (check state law). This may also help to prevent accidentally pulling the trigger if you happen to drop the weapon while moving around. Grabbing a falling firearm is a NONO! People die doing it though.

I have a keydex holster made by Sidearmor without the belt attachments I use. Everything then fits well in the glovebox or console and if I have to grab for it, the trigger is encased.

14. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

In Georgia those signs have no force of law. I got to the mall near my house sometimes to eat lunch at the food court. I carry my weapon concealed anyways.

15. pjricci87

pjricci87 New Member

Can I carry concealed even if it is posted in Florida.

16. This.

For me, I carry anyway. Most they can do is tell you to leave, at which point you tell them where to stick it and give your money to an American.

17. If they do not know, they can't do anything. If they know, they can ask you to leave and you must. In FL, as most states, it is a trespassing charge if you refuse to comply but you can ignore the sign initially.

18. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Plus if anybody knows you're carrying then you're not doing a very good job of concealing anyways. I would ignore the sign and carry on with my business. If they notice I have a gun, that means that I wasn't doing my job of concealing properly.

19. Hamster

Hamster New Member

That's pretty stinkin' cool! I may just have to get one.

20. preventer

preventer New Member

i have a serpa mounted to the under side of my seat i just slide my weapon in the holster and go about my business