Glock Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find it hard to believe that no one, other than on duty LE, can carry within 1000 feet of a school. I'm a retired LEO with a concealed carry, but I can't have a firearm on me when dropping off/ picking up my kids from school.

·
Registered
171 Posts
There is an exit clause in Federal statute that allows carry if "licensed" by the State to do so. Alabama law has a clause that allows CCW in schools with a pistol permit.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
In Nevada, the prohibition extends only to the school property and ends at the sidewalk of any street maintained by the City or the State.

Means you can have a gun in your car parked on the sidewalk of the city street beside the school.

Also means you can have a gun on you or in your car as you drive down a city street that bisects school property.

Also means you can have a gun OC or CC (NV is an OC state) while walking on the sidewalk of a city street immediately beside the school. I wouldn't recommend it though, since there are too many paranoids who will call the police to report a MWG (Man With Gun).

Prohibition defines no firearms on school property or inside any public (read "school") building that resides on school property. A private residence that happens to be on school property is not considered to be in the ban zone.

These prohibitions also apply to day care centers.

In the Nevada System Of Higher Education, a person with a CCW permit and who is employed by the school may seek written permission from the highest authority of that particular building or department, and may carry concealed with such an authorization letter.

Above also applies to libraries.

So watch out, them librarians, they got silencers! Shhh!!!!

342 Posts
I've gotten away with posessing and firing a firearm on school grounds inside of a city when I was in 12th grade. :)

How did I pull off this feat you might ask? Well at the time our school's mascot had a BP rifle that was fired off at games when ever the school team scored so a teacher got permission to bring in a thompson contender rifle(classed as a firearm by BATFE even with BP barrel on it) to demonstrate speed of sound vs radio waves. So I paid the teacher an undisclosed sum of money to get to carry it uncased through the hallways to parking lot and fire the shots(every other class it was cased whilst being transported and the teacher fired it...) One thing I didn't get to do was load it and it only had a powder charge no rounds whatsoever.

Not too exciting I know but I was well aware of this law at the time and couldn't pass up an opportunity to shoot a gun at school when it was more or less illegal to... :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts