Gun collection turnover

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by cvitter, May 21, 2012.

1. cvitter

cvitter New Member

How many folks here have a problem holding on to guns for more than a few months at a time?

I seem to be developing a bad habit of buying guns, shooting them for a few months, and then trading them in on something new when the new gun shine wears off.

Now keep in mind this is not my Glocks. Right now I can't imagine trading my Glock 19 or 34 in on anything other than a replacement 19 or 34 (which is unlikely to happen for years).

The problem started with a 22 LR S&W 22A-1. I bought that right after Christmas, put about 2000 rounds through it then traded it in when I got my Glock 34. Now I have a Baikal MP161K with about 2500 rounds through it that I am thinking of trading in tomorrow towards a S&W M&P 22.

To top it off I just bought a Hi-Point 995TS 9MM carbine (really wanted a Beretta CX4 in 9mm but got tired of waiting) that should come in next week...

:eek:

2. Shep482

Shep482 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yeah,I just recently sold a Bersa Thunder and aTaurus 24/7 pro c to fund my Glock23C and an AK underfolder. Awhile back I sold to friends two of my 91/30s and my sks I had Bubbafied out. I traded a 642 S&w for a Ruger 10/22 .
    I think I've settled on my core "arsenal". Two glocks in .40, Remington 870,two AKs and the Ruger .22.
    The others I have are C&R guns I bought so I can't sell them for a good while anyway. It's all part of loving guns. All of them teach me a little more about firearms. What I like, what I don't like. It's fun. Right now I'm just going to lay in ammo and make any tweaks to my current weapons.
    Enjoy it. Keep the ones you can't live without and trade up the rest.
    Plus you end up with a bunch of random parts and holsters and whatnot you can give away on the pay it forward thread :)

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  3. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I've regretted most guns I've sold or traded off and it isn't that many.

4. Shep482

Ditto that on the 642 S&W I traded.

5. So far (knock on wood) I still have every firearm I have purchased. Haven't sold or traded a single one and if I have any control over it, I don't think I ever will part with them. Only threw death of course ;).

6. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

+1...sold some and regretted afterwards. Figure out what you NEED and what you WANT. Once you have what you NEED then look at what you want. Once you have it...try and resist the temptation! LOL.. ;-)

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

The only guns I've ever sold were the AR15s I build with the intention of selling them.

The only guns I've ever given away was the M4 I built for my daughter.

The only gun I've ever lost was a Walther PPK/S .380Auto that the wifey took as her own....

8. cvitter

cvitter New Member

Need - Right now the only gun I really think I need is my G19.

Everything else is a want or formerly wanted... of those the G34 is the one that would hurt the most to part with so maybe that is a need.

9. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

I use to sell a few guns , but decided about a year ago to no longer sell any guns , ammo or accessories . I stock pile now . I don t need to sell the stuff and with the business opportunities we have coming up we are trying to load up

10. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

"When you know how many guns you have, you don't have enough." - Me

11. Care to donate to my collection then ;)? lol Cause I can count my collection on two hands. These firearms and the ammo that goes with them isn't cheap lol .

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  12. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

^^^---- Ha-ha. Nice try!

I thought I had a nice collection, but dang! some of the guys on here got me beat.

....now I need to catch up! :D

13. Well maybe we should pray to the gun fairy to bring us some more:

430201085102AM_a-motivational-posters-16.jpg

14. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

Two I regret trading to this day:
    ruger blackhawk from the 70s
    remington 870 12 ga

Glocks:
    Sadly I sold my 1st gen g21
    ( still miss it :( the most )

15. cvitter

cvitter New Member

Well it is official, I unloaded my Baikal MP161K 22LR in exchange for a S&W M&P 22 just a little while ago. I don't miss the S&W 22A-1 I traded a couple of months ago at all but I might miss the MP161K a little. The M&P 22 is a sweet little 22LR handgun though. Hopefully she shoots as good as she looks and feels...

16. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    image-2870096937.jpg

I'd like to know how many mags and how long took to load them.

17. G17XJ_BS

G17XJ_BS New Member

Holy moly!!!

18. Shep482

Very diplomatically stated. :)