Gun cleaning and ammo?

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by vanessab, Jun 13, 2012.

1. vanessab

vanessab New Member

What does everyone use to clean their Glocks and what ammo do you use for plinking?

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

https://www.glockforum.com/forum/f10/lets-discuss-cleaning-maintenance-6015/

Try here for cleaning

Take a look through this subforum ( I moved your post here for better answers) and you will see everything you want to about AMMO.
    Or you can watch as the guys tell you!! They will give you a ton of Info.!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012

3. Hollen

Hollen New Member

I use hoppe's no.9 solvent for the barrel. And rem oil for the gun.

Amo I use winchester white box from wal-mart for target practice.

4. noob

noob Noob the forum boob

For cleaning I use rem oil

For range shooting I use Winchester fmj 115 gr 9mm

For SD/HD I use( dont bash me it's what I can afford) Remington UMC JHP 115gr also 9mm

This is for my Glock 19

5. Dan75719

Dan75719 New Member

I bought a Hoppes kit that I use for cleaning. I use the bulk Federal or CCI for my M&P22 and the cheapest 9mm I can find for my glock 19. I prefer the Blazer, the PMC Bronze, or the American Eagle for 9mm.

6. Glock38

Glock38 New Member

I use hoppes as well and hornandy critical defense for my carry ammo. Hope this helps.

7. g21redman

g21redman just wants to watch the world burn.

I just use the Glock cleaning brush and a rag.... and as far as lubricating I use MILITECH-1... and as many ppl say on here the container actually says apply shoot wipe dry to avoid sand and dust contamination.

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Breakfree CLP for light cleaning...Ballistol for deep cleaning.

FMJ ( any brand ) ammo for plinking...HP's for SD...( Hornady Critical Defense in my G30SF )

9. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Ultrasonics for cleaning guns and brass for reloading.

Gun Butter for lubing her up.

It will change your life! :D

Cheers!

10. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Break cleaner for the inside of the barrel then some CLP through it. CLP for the slide and outside of the barrel. No chemicals for inside the frame, just patches and Qtips. If I'm really lazy then I just throw it in the ultrasonic cleaner.

11. Captain

Captain New Member

IL
    This is the best kept secret there is in gun cleaning. Developed by and sold by an ex-nav seal. Since I found out about it I don't use anything else.

http://www.froglube.com/roothome.htm

12. william488

william488 New Member

me too. I also have used the UMC from walmart for target practice, never had an issue with them either. I don't have alot of experience, actually little, lol but I use the same chemicals that Hollen uses because I have seen many here say they work great.

13. chuckds

chuckds Certified Glock Armorer

FrogLube is great stuff, been using it for about a year now.

14. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

I'm going to really mess with your head a bit...
    For cleaning I use rubbing alcohol (90%) and for lubricating I use a dry lube called Lab Lube which is a teflon powder that sticks to most surfaces of the gun but doesn't attract dust or hold powder residue. My after range routine consists of an old toothbrush and a couple qtips with alcohol.
    Had no problems with this method.

15. For ammo, I couldn't even tell you how many brands I've used in my Glocks, all I can say is I've not had a single problem of any kind with either of my Glocks no matter what ammo I use.

To clean, I just use a garden hose. Ok j/k about the hose, I use either Hoppe's #9 or Ballistol. But you really could get away with using just a hose to clean a Glock.