Glock Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I wear a Looper Leather with kydex insert when off-duty. While on duty I wear a 5.11 Operator belt with permastiff.

·
Registered
284 Posts
A few years ago I built a saddle and had a good piece of scrap left over after squaring up a side. I made a 1 3/4 in belt. After lining it and stamping it with a basketweave pattern it turned out heavy and STIFF! even after about 5 years it does not sag. The only thing bad about it is it only looks good with jeans and boots. Looks way out of place with 5.11s and such!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I want to apologize for my previous post. I came over, even to me, like I was bragging or boasting. I should have began with " If your looking for a good, heavy duty leather gun belt find a saddle maker in your area and have him make you one. " Sorry guys, and gals.

·
Super Moderator
75,424 Posts
I wear a Dickies work belt from Wally World. It's one of the strongest belts I've used to carry my EDC. And the best thing about it, it only cost me $15.00. I highly recommend them.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I want to apologize for my previous post. I came over, even to me, like I was bragging or boasting. I should have began with " If your looking for a good, heavy duty leather gun belt find a saddle maker in your area and have him make you one. " Sorry guys, and gals.
Lol, I don't think anyone else took it that way! You're good man.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I prefer either the 5.11 Tactical leather casual belts or the Blackhawk CQC leather belts. Both can be had, with a little searching, for $25-30, as long as you don't mind discontinued styles/colors. I've found the 5.11 belts for as little as $15 on eBay, brand new and I bought my Blackhawk from Opticsplanet for $25. The 5.11s are good enough that I wouldn't object to paying full price for one if I needed to. They're two layers of leather with a kydex stiffener in the back & sides.

I also have a 5.11 Tactical trainer belt that's almost identical to the Wilderness belt, but for a lot less. All of the 5.11s have the kydex stiffeners.

All of my belts are 1.5 inch, because all of my holsters are 1.5 inch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts