Guide Rods

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by nklomsue, May 9, 2016.

1. Agree...particularly on a EDC one. If ya really need the HG, reliability is first and foremost. Yes, yes, a lot of aftermarket doodads work fine but are you really going to notice the trigger when adrenaline is a pumping??!!

My various Glocks(3) and my two son's Glocks(another 4) work great, shoot great..triggers and sights great...all box stock.

2. tgiv

tgiv Member

So happy for you but no details on what Glocks and if they get harsh caliber forces placed upon lightweight frames like G27 & G33. Within 6 years, the factory had to replace a cracked frame only used at weekly indoor gun range, Federal/Fiocchi/better std/light grains target ammo.

If your Glocks are bigger, heavier and/or shoot lighter calibers than this then I agree with you, except for the trigger which has sent me to Springfield

3. Recommended changeout at 5K? But have been known to go well over 20K? I just carry an extra OEM (plastic) (my range piece). For carry? Yeah 5K. I don't like changing **** with exception of connector and sanding down that aggravating trigger teat.

4. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Well-Known Member

You have truly had bad luck with Glock. I know people who abuse the hell out of them and still have no issues. I have a 22 and a 23 that are into the 50-60K round count with little more than a recoil spring replaced every 5-10K rounds. I don't notice so much that I need a replacement, until I do, then can tell.
    If you "neeed" do dads to make the pistol work, then a Glock may not be for you. I have a friend who can't hit a barn if he's standing in the middle of it with a Glock. You can coach him up, but as soon as he puts it down, that is gone.

Danzig likes this.
  5. 9mm, I guess a 'lighter' caliber(?)..G17(2), G43, G48, G26....

6. SixG17s

SixG17s Well-Known Member Supporter

I have one G17 that I use for competition at over 300,000 rounds and only 7 RSA's so far.