Glock Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace the plastic factory installed guide rod in my G22. I want to add a little weight to help with recoil. My question is Tungsten or stainless steel? I know tungsten is heavier. But I've talked to some who say steel is just fine.

·
ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o
329 Posts
I want to replace the plastic factory installed guide rod in my G22. I want to add a little weight to help with recoil. My question is Tungsten or stainless steel? I know tungsten is heavier. But I've talked to some who say steel is just fine.
In my experience, Tungsten helps tame the recoil but not that much. What I did is, I also change the Recoil spring weight. Actually, I have 3 different springs weights to accommodate the different ammo I'm using.

You can go with the stainless & just match with the recoil spring you're comfortable with..

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts
I have tungsten and honestly I can't completely tell the difference but that is because I did a bunch of changes to my G21 but I can tell you I will probably put on in my G30 to keep the smoothness like my G21.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I have a ss guide rod in my G23. It works fine; but I am not sure how much, if any, it tames the recoil.

I got mine from BT Guide Rods.

btguiderods.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts