Gssf

Discussion in 'GSSF / IDPA / Competition' started by pghcc23, Apr 1, 2012.

1. pghcc23

pghcc23 New Member

Is anyone a GSSF member? If so, how do you like it? I'm thinking of joining. I bought my first Glock two weeks ago. And I would like to compete.

2. wilkenjr

wilkenjr New Member

I am in the same boat as you.

3. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

Hello pghcc23.. great purchase.

[​IMG]

4. Glocked

Glocked New Member

I am a GSSF member. I finally got my welcome package in the mail a few days ago. It consisted of a hat with removable Velcro patch on front, shirt patch, glock professional stickers, 2 magazines, member card, and I think that's it...

Go ahead and sign up for 2 years so you can get your purchase voucher. Members get to buy a glock at a member price rate once per year. If you sign for 1 year then you only get the voucher after you renew your second term.

I have fired in 2 competitions and I plan on firing in one in Knoxville June 2-3. You can go to gssfonline.com. Im still new but it seems like an ok thing to be a part of.

5. pghcc23

pghcc23 New Member

Thanks for the advice on the 2 year thing. That sounds good. The Glock 23 was a no brainer purchase. Especially after talking to some cops and looking into its specs. What model would you recommend for a second purchase?

6. pghcc23

pghcc23 New Member

Those red docs are sweet bro!

7. pghcc23

pghcc23 New Member

I really like the 17. Have any of you shot the 27?

8. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

I am and love the discount. Once a year yo are able to buy a new Glock at a deep discount good for us civilians....

9. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

Welcome to the forum. I love my G22 which is the same as a G23 just in a full size frame. From my understanding a lot of people that shoot competition prefer something in the 9mm category; something like the G17, G19, or G34. If you are looking for something as a carry firearm then check out any of the sub compact Glocks. Me personally I didn't like the small frame of the G26 or G27, but there are a lot of people that do and carry them as well. I would probably change my mind about the G26 and G27 if I was able to molest one with a grip extension.
    Best advise is go to a gun store that has what you are looking for and see how it feels in your hand.

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum pghcc23 !!

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

moved thread from Introductions to the Competition sub forum...

12. pghcc23

pghcc23 New Member

Are you drawing from a holster for all the events at the completion?

13. pghcc23

pghcc23 New Member

Do you draw from a holster at all the gssf events? I had a crossbreed holster for a sig p2022. The holster was great but I sold the gun. Is there anything similar on the market for a more reasonable price?

14. White Hat Holsters. Same design as crossbreed, but you can switch out the kydex so you only need to spend about $25 on your rig to hold a different firearm, and you can pick from a whole bunch of designs on the kydex. Really like mine a lot.

15. des2013

des2013 New Member

Welcome! GSSF member, but haven't seen an event close enough to Maryland to be worth the drive. I enjoy the discount purchase though.

16. JRiddle

JRiddle New Member

Is there any dealers in Maryland that take the GSSF discount

17. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I love my 23 and shot it in my first competition. I am not a gssf member YET lol but I do shoot uspsa with a glock 35. If you want to start competing I would recommend going to the uspsa web site and find a local club. Here in Kentucky I shoot every Thursday night at a local club. It's a great way to get started and met guys that have doing it for a while. Btw the white hat holster is amazing. Toney really dose great work there

18. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

I second white hat holsters! Love mine very comfortable and I use in AZ so sweat not an issue for me...

19. Gun_Aficionado

I will be attending event in Tucson may not enter not sure yet my eldest son and I are going!

20. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Did you go with the horse hide?