Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone a GSSF member? If so, how do you like it? I'm thinking of joining. I bought my first Glock two weeks ago. And I would like to compete.

·
Registered
33 Posts
pghcc23 said:
Is anyone a GSSF member? If so, how do you like it? I'm thinking of joining. I bought my first Glock two weeks ago. And I would like to compete.
I am in the same boat as you.

·
ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o
329 Posts
Hello pghcc23.. great purchase.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am a GSSF member. I finally got my welcome package in the mail a few days ago. It consisted of a hat with removable Velcro patch on front, shirt patch, glock professional stickers, 2 magazines, member card, and I think that's it...

Go ahead and sign up for 2 years so you can get your purchase voucher. Members get to buy a glock at a member price rate once per year. If you sign for 1 year then you only get the voucher after you renew your second term.

I have fired in 2 competitions and I plan on firing in one in Knoxville June 2-3. You can go to gssfonline.com. Im still new but it seems like an ok thing to be a part of.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice on the 2 year thing. That sounds good. The Glock 23 was a no brainer purchase. Especially after talking to some cops and looking into its specs. What model would you recommend for a second purchase?

·
King of my Castle until my wife comes home
2,929 Posts
I am and love the discount. Once a year yo are able to buy a new Glock at a deep discount good for us civilians....

·
Registered
585 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I love my G22 which is the same as a G23 just in a full size frame. From my understanding a lot of people that shoot competition prefer something in the 9mm category; something like the G17, G19, or G34. If you are looking for something as a carry firearm then check out any of the sub compact Glocks. Me personally I didn't like the small frame of the G26 or G27, but there are a lot of people that do and carry them as well. I would probably change my mind about the G26 and G27 if I was able to molest one with a grip extension.
Best advise is go to a gun store that has what you are looking for and see how it feels in your hand.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you draw from a holster at all the gssf events? I had a crossbreed holster for a sig p2022. The holster was great but I sold the gun. Is there anything similar on the market for a more reasonable price?

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Do you draw from a holster at all the gssf events? I had a crossbreed holster for a sig p2022. The holster was great but I sold the gun. Is there anything similar on the market for a more reasonable price?
White Hat Holsters. Same design as crossbreed, but you can switch out the kydex so you only need to spend about $25 on your rig to hold a different firearm, and you can pick from a whole bunch of designs on the kydex. Really like mine a lot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome! GSSF member, but haven't seen an event close enough to Maryland to be worth the drive. I enjoy the discount purchase though.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I love my 23 and shot it in my first competition. I am not a gssf member YET lol but I do shoot uspsa with a glock 35. If you want to start competing I would recommend going to the uspsa web site and find a local club. Here in Kentucky I shoot every Thursday night at a local club. It's a great way to get started and met guys that have doing it for a while. Btw the white hat holster is amazing. Toney really dose great work there

·
2,929 Posts
I second white hat holsters! Love mine very comfortable and I use in AZ so sweat not an issue for me...

·
2,929 Posts
I will be attending event in Tucson may not enter not sure yet my eldest son and I are going!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts