GSSF welcome packet shipping question

Discussion in 'GSSF / IDPA / Competition' started by BocaDan, Mar 13, 2012.

1. BocaDan

BocaDan New Member

Hi Folks, quick question:

How does Glock ship GSSF welcome packets? USPS, Fedex, or UPS?

I've been waiting mine for around 3 weeks, which I realize is normal due to the demand, but I also have a new guy on my route and started getting some of my stuff late. Just wondering...

Thanks

2. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

USPS Priority Mail. It took 4 weeks to get mine.

3. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Ya I've already passed the 3 week period myself. Getting anxious as the gun I want may not be there when I get this in, and I don't want to wait ANOTHER several weeks waiting on the gun to come.

4. Hey BocaDan,

I was looking through the GSSF website and didn't see any competitions in Florida... If you don't mind me asking what are the benefits to joining?

Not flaming, its a sincere question...

5. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

Hey locapitano -- I have friends from FL who drive up to GA three times a year for the outdoor competitions. More than anything, it's really fun to meet so many new (and interesting) people. And the discounted Glock purchase price for being a member can't be beat.

By the way, the Glock Report lists Ace's Indoor Shooting in Doral/Miami as a host for GSSF indoor matches monthly.

6. BocaDan

BocaDan New Member

Hi Locapitano, that's a good question. My main reason in joining the gssf is actually the discount package. I have about $75 yearly benefits for any kind of subscription, club membership, organization etc from my employer, so this year I did a 2 year gssf membership.

I'm looking forward to getting my first glock (either a 17 or 19) through this and if I ever do any competitive shooting, possibly a 34 with next year's coupon.

I have 2 dealers in my area (South Florida) that are participating in the gssf, and $450ish out the door with 3 magazines for either the 17 or 19 was too good of a deal to pass up. Hence here I am :)

7. Thats a pretty good deal from your employer, mind if I ask what you do?

I actually live in Broward, besides the two dealers listed on the Glock website which are 911store and Lou's both of which are pretty far from Boca, Guntech in fort lauderdale does the blue label program as well.

Theres one more local shop that does it, but I can't remember which.

I am a Firefighter so I qualify for the program as well which is how I purchased my G19 last year. You're right, definitely a good deal specially if you're not paying the subscription fee. :cool:

8. BocaDan

BocaDan New Member

I'm an IT guy actually. I handle the networks, computers, servers etc for small businesses mostly. I didn't know guntec participates I'm gssf. The only 2 people I saw om the website was 911 store & Lou's.

No biggie though, I'm in Miami almost every day of the week. I'll probably do it through 911 store. Help the smaller guy thing, you know :)

9. Yeah, Nothing wrong with that!

I was going to go there but they are out of stock of the G23 I want, so far only options are online or guntech.

10. BocaDan

BocaDan New Member

Ask for Gene at the 911 store. When I talked to him, he said, he could get any gssf priced ones in 2-3 days. I don't know of any online dealers doing the gssf pricing though. With shipping & ffl fees, local is the only way that makes sense for gssf discount purchases I guess.

11. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

GLOCK GSSF has changed their fiscal year for the calendar starting this year. It now runs from Jan - Dec and the new calendar hasn't been published yet.

Clearwater had their first match this year.
    Panhandle Match in Panama City (Fort Walton) is canceled.
    Orlando was just shot in Feb.

The new schedule (next year 2013) is expected to be published around the Fall timeframe I believe.

12. sredtruck

sredtruck New Member

I have been waiting for 6 weeks for the model 27 Gen 4 gun that I ordered through the GSSF program. Just checked today and they said they are having problems getting Glocks. I don't get it.

13. geeteeohh

geeteeohh Member

The GSSF program seems still to be a god deal. However, I've been waiting almost three weeks for my membership packet, then hope to order an in-stock G23 with NS (regular G23 not in stock).

14. geeteeohh

geeteeohh Member

I wouldn't have the patience to wait six more weeks.

15. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

Wish you'd talk to Lenny Magill about speeding up his Glockstore.com website. I think his webmaster is still using Windows 98.
    :p

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  16. sredtruck

sredtruck New Member

I second that.

17. geeteeohh

geeteeohh Member

My GSSF package arrived today (submitted the form on 2/22). Off to purchase a G23 after work.

18. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Wow, I submitted on the 18th and still don't have mine, and the blue label seller ran out of G34 Gen4's...

Called GSSF today and they said call back Monday and they'll send another packet out. So now I get to sit around and wait for them to get another G34 Gen4 in, or buy a Gen3 for the same price. UGH.

19. BocaDan

BocaDan New Member

Just an update, my packet arrived today (3/16). I had emailed my form on 2/20 so I guess they're taking approximately 15-17 business days to mail them out.

Now the hard part. 17 or 34.... Decisions, decisions...

20. geeteeohh

geeteeohh Member

Well my local dealer checked stock on blue label G23's and guess what? None in stock. He said hopefully in a week or two. Uggg :(