Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's shaping up to be really good weather for the Topton, Pa GSSF match this coming weekend.

Saturday they are saying it's going to be 82 with a chance of showers or thunderstorms, Sunday 82 partly sunny. Pretty nice, this time of year it's usually in the mid to upper 90's.

Will be shooting a 21SF gen 3 in the Amateur Civilian Stock and Heavy Metal divisions, and a 30SF gen 3 in Major Subcompact.

Looking forward to my very first competition. Going in with zero expectations, just an open mind and an ammo can full of .45 ACP, with the only goal being to drive home about 25 pounds (of ammo) lighter :D

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Sweet. Congrats. Topton is only an hour from me. @bobbysteals, it's west of Alburtis/Mcungie and north of Reading, PA.

WIsh I could go.

GOod luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Topton is pretty close to Kutztown University

·
Registered
555 Posts
Sweet. Congrats. Topton is only an hour from me. @bobbysteals, it's west of Alburtis/Mcungie and north of Reading, PA.

WIsh I could go.

GOod luck and keep us posted.
Where is topton at? I would really like to go and watch see how it is.
If you don't mind me asking, why can't you go, Dave? I was planning on going, but I don't know if my wife will be okay with me sinking any more money into my "hobby". It would be really cool if you and Pat made it out to the match. Then I would almost be required to go! Oh, and Pat, you should join GSSF after winning that shoot-out competition. You'd surely win a glock! I'll sponsor you if I can get the first glock!:D
This is the address for the GSSF Match:

Topton Fish & Game Associationmore info‎
26 Tina Lane
Mertztown, PA 19539
(610) 682-6902

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, why can't you go, Dave? I was planning on going, but I don't know if my wife will be okay with me sinking any more money into my "hobby". It would be really cool if you and Pat made it out to the match. Then I would almost be required to go! Oh, and Pat, you should join GSSF after winning that shoot-out competition. You'd surely win a glock! I'll sponser you if I can get the first glock!:D
HAHAh. I'm in the midst of taking an NRA instructor certification course and I've got to get through my cert materials by Sunday. On top of that, my second instructor's course requires a pre-qual and I may have to run to Whitehall to get pre-qual'd for the course that day.

I'll play it by ear. If i'm going to topton- I want to shoot and I haven't registered. ;)

Ditto on Bobbysteals entering.

D

·
Registered
555 Posts
HAHAh. I'm in the midst of taking an NRA instructor certification course and I've got to get through my cert materials by Sunday. On top of that, my second instructor's course requires a pre-qual and I may have to run to Whitehall to get pre-qual'd for the course that day.

I'll play it by ear. If i'm going to topton- I want to shoot and I haven't registered. ;)

Ditto on Bobbysteals entering.

D
Be careful, there are mosquitos testing positive for West Nile Virus out there. Use repellant!
http://southwhitehall.patch.com/articles/spraying-for-west-nile-in-south-whitehall-today

If Pat goes, I'll definitely make an extra effort to go. If you can fit it into your schedule, that would be awesome Dave, if not, I understand. Good luck with your certifications!

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Be careful, there are mosquitos testing positive for West Nile Virus out there. Use repellant!
http://southwhitehall.patch.com/articles/spraying-for-west-nile-in-south-whitehall-today

If Pat goes, I'll definitely make an extra effort to go. If you can fit it into your schedule, that would be awesome Dave, if not, I understand. Good luck with your certifications!
uggh. west nile. Something else I have to worry about. great....

Pat might be at work. I'll shoot him a text. Let me see what I Can work out with the sched.

Countrymick- you are sure you're going?

D

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yep, definately going - they already have my $ :) You mean I can win a new Glock *and* get West Nile? Soooooo worth it :D

Will pack the Deet - thanks for the heads up, NYCK.

Edit: Not sure if the street address will take you directly to the range, so here are the GPS coordinates if you are going:

N 40 deg 30 min 10.1061 sec
W 75 deg 41 min 4.7171 sec

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Thanks for the compliments guys! I'm not sure how well I would fair in competition. I think I still need some work especially on time events or anything over 7 yards. I'll have to go to the gssf website and see what it's all about. And I'll also have to see what's going on this weekend (my brother and dad both have birthdays this weekend) before I make any commitments. I'll keep you posted though. Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha neat! After waiting nearly 2 months, got my GSSF membership care package in the mail yesterday, almost as if they knew I'd need it for something this weekend :D

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Wow 2 months! At least you got in time. I just faxed my application Tuesday night...I'm screwed. I'll have to call them to get my GSSF number.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was thinking about running out there Saturday morning and checking it out. Not sure if I'm gonna make it or not.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Yeah my sister talked me into so I'm gonna call GSSF today and make sure my application wet through and just register at the match, here goes nothing. You gonna make it out there?

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Yeah my sister talked me into so I'm gonna call GSSF today and make sure my application wet through and just register at the match, here goes nothing. You gonna make it out there?
NICE! i'm still up in the air about it. Havne't gotten through as much of the study materials that I like so I may have to bag it.'

Supposed to be pretty HUGE.

I'll know more by tomorrow morning.

D

·
Registered
555 Posts
Bobbysteals said:
You should have let me sponsor youuu! :p I would have paid for a 3 year membership and all your match fees! Well, enjoy your free glock. I'll try and make it out. It's a little less then a half hour from me.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Haha you have more confidence than I do! I was looking at the results from previous matches and some of the competitors are really fast! It should be fun either way though. Hopefully we'll see you guys there! If not I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures and post all about it.

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
Man, I missed this whole thing....Wish I could get out there this weekend but I'm stuck on call for work. Good luck Pat and have someone take a video of your first shoot. I know you'll do well. Have fun guys

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did some packing this morning for a little weekend getaway. Hopefully some of you guys are able to make it, if so hopefully we'll be able to trade experiences after the smoke clears haha. Have fun and shoot safely, everyone.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 93 Posts