GSSF Outdoor match 8/19

Discussion in 'GSSF / IDPA / Competition' started by Webphisher, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Anyone in the Denver area going up to the Sunday match? Right now I'm planning on going but my normal shooting partners are out of town.

2. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

I see from the GSSF website there are two scheduled outdoor matches the weekend of August 18 - 19, 2012:

Greeley, Colorado at the Weld County Fish & Wildlife Range is about 50 miles from Denver. Last year they had about 226 entries. That isn't a grand amount but good.

They normally set up the thursday or Friday before the weekend. Shooting usually starts Saturday morning @ 0900.

From the finishing times I saw at last years results there's a lot of room for folks to win some guns and many prizes there!

3. Webphisher

Ya its a two day event, thanks for filling in the details I left lol. I'll be heading up the 19th as I have a wedding to shoot, photographer, on the 18th.

4. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

So, how was the match?

5. Webphisher

The match is next month. Just trying to be proactive in getting some people going LOL.

6. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

I see they gave away two random pistols at the last match plus the ones won. Wiht more competitors they give away more goodies.

Don't have a clue why I asked that last question, I can read a calendar as well as a book! :eek:

7. Webphisher

I hear they tend to give away a lot of stuff. Should be a great time, still time for people to let me know if they are going!

8. malladus

malladus New Member

I may be headed home from wheeling and pass through there. If I do I will probably shoot a few entries.

malladus

9. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Where're you wheelin?

10. malladus

malladus New Member

Ouray, bit of a drive from Greely, but the wife was looking at swinging through there headed home to hit done other place on the way home.

She's got a whole bunch of additional upgrades getting installed for the trip this year she's looking to try out.

malladus