GSSF Match in Missoula, MT (July 7 & 8)

Discussion in 'GSSF / IDPA / Competition' started by sglide05, Jun 22, 2012.

1. sglide05

sglide05 Very Cool Member Supporter

Who's all going to be at the GSSF Match in Missoula, MT? I live in Washington State but the Mrs. and I are going out there for the weekend and I'm going to shoot. It should be fun. I hope to meet some good folks while I'm there.

2. Have a great time :) Will this be your first match? Going to compete for the first time ever at a GSSF meet this August in Pa, and really looking forward to it.

3. sglide05

It will actually be my second match. The first one I shot at was an indoor range in Eugene, OR many years ago. So it's been a while. I'm going to this one for the sheer fun of it plus my wife has never been to Montana.

4. stak

stak New Member

The indoor matches are a bit different from the outdoor matches, but they are just as fun, if not more so! Missoula got 172 entries last year so you should be able to make plenty of new friends.

5. sglide05

Well that's awesome I can't wait to go.

6. Not only that, there will be plenty of gun giveaways as well :D

7. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Sorry but with only 172 entries that is only 1 gun at Random given away. Yes the Perforamnces guns will still be awarded. Probably one gun for raffle afor the RO's that work the match.

You'll need at least 210+ entries for 2 random guns plus other stuff.

8. Other stuff is good too :) Thanks for the clarification.

9. sglide05

The match was awesome. There were over 200 competitors. I went Saturday to watch and shot on Sunday. The Glock Armorers were awesome too. They replaced my gun main spring and installed a extended slide release. They also replaces all 5 of the springs in my magazines all for free. There weren't a lot of vendors I was expecting more. Overall it was a great experience and I shot ok.

10. stak

stak New Member

With the exception of Conyers there generally aren't a lot of vendors. Since it is the host club putting on the match it is up to them to invite vendors and I don't think many of them want to do the effort. There aren't even Armorers at all of the matches. It's great when they are though for all the free services they provide, as you found out.

11. sglide05

I would think it would be a great way to promote your business by coming to one of these match's.

12. sglide05

They posted the results. I placed 34th out of 74 shooters in my division. I missed a few plates and missed one on the paper targets. I wasn't really there to compete but to have fun, shoot and meet people.

13. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

You didn't place first
    You didn't place last
    You just had a blast

That's what it is all about, folks of all walks of life shooting their GLOCKS!

Life is good.

14. sglide05

I am hoping to do a little better on the next match. I'm more than likely going to the one in Albany, OR in August.