Groupings to the right....why?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Dons86, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Dons86

Dons86 New Member

Hey all, just purchased my first G23 gen 4, my groupings are to the right, now, I have to explain that I have shot revolvers since I was a wee lad, so I think I may be bringing some habit over with me from my revolvers, any tips ?

2. 3L3C7R0

3L3C7R0 New Member

"Squeeze don't pull"

3. Braz

Braz New Member

My advice is to drop a Gen3 trigger bar and a LoneWolf 3.5 lbs trigger disconnector in it and then practice slow, easy squeeze of the trigger. Hold the trigger back all the way until you are ready to bring it back forward to reset. If you learn how to control your reset, you will have amazing groups. Promise.

4. WadeP

WadeP New Member

Right or left handed?

5. Dons86

Dons86 New Member

Right handed

6. Tape

Tape New Member

check out the chart

Attached Files:

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

@Dons86:

Some tips that may help correct the point of impact:

1. Make sure it is the fleshy pad of your finger that is on the trigger, not the joint.
    2. Do you have any support hand fingers on the trigger guard? If so, do not do this.
    3. Are you holding cup-and-saucer? This used to be how it was taught to hold revolvers, no good for semiautos.
    4. Best location for support hand is fingers together underneath the trigger guard. Both thumbs on the same side of the pistol.
    5. The .40S&W is a very snappy cartridge, and needs practice to overcome the tendency to heel or to anticipate the recoil. It may help to push forward with the shooting hand (imagine your right hand was a fist and you are punching directing at the target), then with the left hand (fingers together underneath the trigger guard, right and left thumbs together pointing forward) and pull back towards you. This push-pull force at the point of contact (the pistol) helps stabilize the gun.

Hope that helps, let us know how your next session goes!

8. WadeP

WadeP New Member

Or get some professional training. Better to spend some money now and instill good habits than spend thousands of rounds and lots of effort to break bad ones.

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

This is a good aid....

[​IMG]

10. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

The important part is good grouping, which it sounds like you got down. Now just use the magic wheel :D

11. captcaveman

captcaveman New Member

Dons86 welcome to this great forum. When I got my G23 gen 3 I had the problem of shooting low and left (I’m right handed). Everyone said I was jerking the trigger, but like you I have spent a lot of time behind double action revolvers and was used to a long hard pull of the trigger. What I found out with me; was it was all in how I was gripping the gun. I couldn’t get my thumbs up and parallel like I could on my S&W model 19 or as high up on the grip either. I spent a lot of time at the range practicing till I was comfortable with the gun and my grip. It’s a nail driver now. Practice, practice, practice. It’s just like when you get a new holster, lots of time drawing and re-holstering and finding the sweet spot where it feels the most comfortable.

12. Dons86

Dons86 New Member

Thanx Caveman, I appreciate it, and this is a great forum, the best I've been on, all you guys are down right awesome, but I'm going to the range this saturday, armed with your guys tips and info! I can't enough how helpfull you guy's have been to me !

13. Dons86

Dons86 New Member

Went to the range this week, and tried what was suggested to me by using more of my index finger on the trigger, seemed to do the trick! She's driving nails now! Thanks again fellas, it is much appreciated to get Suggestions that work!