Glock Forum banner

Grips?

40K views 147 replies 72 participants last post by  pistolaccents 
#1 ·
Anyone use a grip on their weapon? If so your thoughts? What brand?

#10 ·
I wasn't sure I would like when I first put it on because it felt squishy and slipped a bit. After having it on for several hours now, it's tightened up and doesn't move. I don't have the largest hands so I didn't think I would like a grip but to me, this doesn't add enough to be noticeable.

#12 · (Edited)
I paid 13 bucks for it; BPS is not always the cheapest on the block for certain things. Cheaper than dirt has them for $9.80; I don't know if there's a shipping charge. Here's a link but the one pictured has solid finger grips, unlike the perforated ones I have. They may have them like mine but that's the first one I came to.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2PK05174-1.html

I read some reviews while on CTD; several people reported that they ripped them while putting them on. I guess I could see where one could rip them if they weren't careful but I really didn't use much care. I bought it, went to the truck and put it no problem. It was quite tight and I carefully worked around and around a little at the time until it was on. I don't know what these guys did. Maybe there was a bad batch or maybe they just tried to snatch it on without working it up carefully.

#13 ·

Attachments

#14 ·
I have pachmyer tactical rubber slip on grips on all of my Glocks. I love the way they feel. I got them from MidwayUSA for around $10 each.

#16 ·
#18 ·
It doesn't add much bulk at all to the grip.

You have to heat it up with hot water to get it on and once it's on it's tight and doesn't move.

Here's a link.

http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=114&products_id=146

I wish I would have know that before I man handle the hogue grips onto my G21. :p That was the toughest mode I did to my gun. It was a capital B to stretch that grip on the way it was without heating it up. Still got it on with no damage to the grip. :)

#21 ·
Support Gunner said:
I wish I would have know that before I man handle the hogue grips onto my G21. :p That was the toughest mode I did to my gun. It was a capital B to stretch that grip on the way it was without heating it up. Still got it on with no damage to the grip. :)
Yeah I figured that out when I tried to put one on my M&P, I got it about half way on and couldn't get it any further.

Once it's on I'm not sure if you could get it off without cutting it off.

#24 ·
Can you post some pics of it on your gun?
Sure! Perfect excuse to try out the new camera. :)

I used some baby powder to slide my Hogue grip on.
That reminds me of another reason I like the Limbsaver better than the Hogue...these are stretchy enough to just pull on fairly easily, especially compared to others. The Hogue is a pain in the butt, even using soap & water. The Limbsaver pulls on in half the time with half the effort.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.