Grips?

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by thinkricky, Apr 16, 2012.

1. thinkricky

thinkricky Member Supporter

Anyone use a grip on their weapon? If so your thoughts? What brand?

2. I use a Hogue Handall rubber grip sleeve on my Glock and on my M&P.

They're only about 10 bucks and I really like how the grip feels in my hand it just seems like you get a much better grip.

3. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

How much larger does it make the grip?

4. thinkricky

Link to where you bought it? :)

5. I like my rubber pachymer grip. Feels great in my hand and IMO... looks tough as nails.

Attached Files:

• g27.jpg
      g27.jpg
      File size:
      40.2 KB
      Views:
  6. Rav_G20

Rav_G20 Member

Maine
    I have the pachmyer grip on my 23 and it is a night and day difference in the feel of the grip. My nephew saw it Saturday and once he held my 23 asked where I got the grip from and to pick one up for him when I can.

7. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Depends on your preference and by that I mean texture (rough/smooth, etc). I make my own using grip tape as I prefer an aggressive texture.

8. Eye_Peeled

Eye_Peeled 8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)

I stopped by Bass Pro today and picked up a Pachmayr, mainly because the grip is so uncomfortable rubbing on my side but man, this thing feels great in hand! I can't wait to shoot it.

image-1403173975.jpg

9. thinkricky

I like this style. Not too bulky. I checked some out at a local gun shop. But they didn't have this one.

10. Eye_Peeled

I wasn't sure I would like when I first put it on because it felt squishy and slipped a bit. After having it on for several hours now, it's tightened up and doesn't move. I don't have the largest hands so I didn't think I would like a grip but to me, this doesn't add enough to be noticeable.

11. thinkricky

How much do they run?

12. Eye_Peeled

I paid 13 bucks for it; BPS is not always the cheapest on the block for certain things. Cheaper than dirt has them for $9.80; I don't know if there's a shipping charge. Here's a link but the one pictured has solid finger grips, unlike the perforated ones I have. They may have them like mine but that's the first one I came to.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2PK05174-1.html

I read some reviews while on CTD; several people reported that they ripped them while putting them on. I guess I could see where one could rip them if they weren't careful but I really didn't use much care. I bought it, went to the truck and put it no problem. It was quite tight and I carefully worked around and around a little at the time until it was on. I don't know what these guys did. Maybe there was a bad batch or maybe they just tried to snatch it on without working it up carefully.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  13. Djstudter702

Djstudter702 Dj Studter

Attached Files:

14. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

I have pachmyer tactical rubber slip on grips on all of my Glocks. I love the way they feel. I got them from MidwayUSA for around $10 each.

15. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

16. Can you post some pics of it on your gun?

17. I wish I would have know that before I man handle the hogue grips onto my G21. :p That was the toughest mode I did to my gun. It was a capital B to stretch that grip on the way it was without heating it up. Still got it on with no damage to the grip. :)

18. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I used to run a packmyer (sp?) but I had the grips enhanced since then. I got too used to shooting my 1911. lol

Attached Files:

19. Djstudter702

Djstudter702 Dj Studter

I used some baby powder to slide my Hogue grip on.