Grip diameter between gen3/gen4

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by chachimacho, Mar 29, 2012.

1. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

Hi everyone! Just registered on the forum and looking for a little help.

I have a G19 Gen 3 that's my primary carry/bedside gun. My wife is finally warming up to the fact that she needs one for herself. Problem is, she has really short, carnie hands.

My question: has anyone handled a gen3/gen4 (without any backstrap installed) side by side? Is the grip diameter significantly smaller? I'd like to have commonality of caliber/magazines for all the reasons you already know.

Thanks in advance!

2. teksid

teksid Well-Known Member

She'll just have to try one.The grip is a little smaller,but not much.

3. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

It's really not that much. The best option for small hands, like mine, is grip reduction w/ stippling. But it's a permanent modification for you to consider.

[​IMG]

4. ChromeDome

ChromeDome New Member

Welcome to the Forum chachimacho. Most will probably agree that you really have to hold them both to decide. I was shying away from the Glock until I held the Gen 4. I love my Gen 4 G19.

5. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Gen3 G30 from trigger pin to behind the trigger is 60mm

Gen4 G17 from trigger pin to behind the trigger is 55mm

Measured the two I own. Hope that helps.

6. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

Thanks for the help, guys. I got to check out a pair of 17s and you are right. The difference is minimal, at best.

7. flightmedic76

flightmedic76 New Member

The size isn't that much smaller, I think the optional back straps and texture is the most beneficial improvement for some. I've heard the texture described as a toned down RTF, but I have not held one to compare. I personally think it is a nice upgrade from the Gen 3.

8. I also have small hands but feel like my Gen 4 feels a lot more comfortable then the Gen 3. Maybe its because the texture makes me feel like I have a stronger grip on it.