Glock Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there fellow Glock nuts...

At first I hated a Glock, but If you'd have asked me why, I would not have had a good answer. I started my collection with a Baretta 96. I thought that it was a tried and tested pistol and I had not done a lot of research...I just knew I wanted a pistol for self defense. Well, I'll tell you now that I personally do not like a Baretta. Don't like how they fit my hand, and they get slippery after a few rounds. My second pistol was a Jericho 941, because I wanted one. It was not a good choice for carry, though. Very large and heavy. I still have it and love it...but it's something for the house or thaw range. Then I started doing some research and found that a Glock may be what I wanted. I saw a video on you tube where a guy had buried one for two years, dug it up and put 500 rounds through it no problem. Then I saw the 10000 round ammo dump video. Then...I went out and shot one at my local gun range. I went back to the same gun store a few days later and traded my beat to crap Baretta for a brand new G23 Gen 3 RTF. I bought a Blackhawk Serpa holster a short time later. I know carry it almost everywhere I go. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Glad to be part of the forums, and look forward to learning lots.

-Jolly

Attachments

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Hey, JollyTrooper, WELCOME to the Forum!

Glad you finally saw the light and Glocked-and-Loaded! Funny how that works, isn't it, that the antiGlock sentiment is often unfounded?

Welcome, again, and know that over here you are among friends!

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum JollyTrooper!

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
"There was a Master come
unto the earth, born in
the holy land of Indiana,
raised in the mystical
hills east of Fort Wayne."

- From the book Illusions: Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah
by Richard Bach, 1979

*****what I think of whenever I meet someone from Indiana....:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts