Greetings from the Netherlands

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by yska08, Apr 1, 2012.

1. yska08

yska08 New Member

Hi Folks,

I'm an Dutch LEO and soon a proud owner of an Glock 17c in od green. I hope to meet some nice people in here and learn alot from you guys.

Kind regards,

Jean Paul

2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, Yska08, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Tell us more about what it's like to get and have guns in the Netherlands, please. Is it difficult for civilians, what are the processess, etc?

Cheers!

3. yska08

yska08 New Member

Well I can tell you something. Our Minister of Home Affairs wants to ban all dynamic shooting disciplines. This after a shooting in a mall in the Netherlands and after the shooting in Norway. He states, that dynamic disciplines like DSR and IPSC, are combat related and therefore the risk is too big that people can use it to train for a shooting like we had. That means that our gun law is restricted even more. The Royal Dutch Shooters Association is on the hand of the Minister of Home Affairs and signed a treaty without consulting it's members. In short; we are screwed.

Now all shooters are signing a petition. Please sign it too and spread the word and link amongst all shooters that care for the right to carry on our hobby.

http://petities.nl/petitie/dynamische-disciplines-moeten-blijven

Thanx and if you guys have more questions plz ask!

4. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Where in the Netherlands are you from? I have a friend in Amsterdam and a friend in Rotterdam.

5. yska08

yska08 New Member

I'm from Groningen.

6. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum! I can't wait to see pictures of your OD Green 17c!

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

@Yska08:

I am so sorry to hear the kind of difficulties law abiding citizens over ther have to deal with if they want to have a gun for personal protection.

It's that way too in some states and cities here in the US, and in most other countries as well.

Good luck to you, my friend.

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum yska08 !!

9. yska08

yska08 New Member

Thanx for your warm welcome.

@KeenansGarage asap mate as soon as I got it. Can't wait lol

We will see what the politics will descide. I will keep you posted.