Greetings from the DC Area

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by run4jc, Feb 4, 2012.

1. run4jc

run4jc New Member

Hi y'all - I just bought my first Glock - a gorgeous 22 - this past week. I actually live in the northern Virginia area and by driving just a bit south and west they are fairly easy to find. My brother in 'Bama has acquired a couple of Glocks lately and loved them - up to this point I'd used a Walther PPS.

Recently I took my wife out to shoot (her first time shooting a pistol) so she could get the feel of her little revolver, and she wasn't fond of it. She's a small girl, so I didn't think she'd like shooting my 40 caliber Walther, but I let her try it anyway. She loved it!

Sooo - you can figure out the rest of the story. I gave her the Walther and went and picked up my sweet 22! It's noticeably larger than the PPS, and with my large hands I really appreciate the size and feel. Frankly, I love it!

I love forums - I've been quite active on a couple of other forums for quite a while and enjoy the learning / sharing experiences. So "Hello!" I'm glad to be here!

Here's my new baby, with a recently acquired Malkoff MD2 light to keep it company...figured this fitting for post #1
    [​IMG]

2. GrubKiller

GrubKiller New Member

Very nice G22! Did you buy it at Virginia Arms? That's a great shop and Robb and crew know their Glocks!

3. run4jc

run4jc New Member

I'm gonna have to try them - no, actually at Nova Armament. I've done a bit of business with them - both purchases and FFL transfers, and they are closest to where I live. Thanks for the tip - I'll have to look up and try Virginia Arms!

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum run4jc !!

Real nice pic of your G22...

5. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Nice Pic! Welcome to the Glock Forum.