Greetings from MA - just rejoined the dark side

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PitBull530, May 23, 2012.

1. PitBull530

PitBull530 New Member

Hi, new here, but psyched.

My first large bore handgun was a Gen1 Glock 17. I had it for a few years and traded it as I was more into the 1911.

Well, now I have a CCW, and as much as I loved the 1911, an RIA, I decided that in spite of fairly good accuracy and great ergonomics, its lack of reliability when it comes to hollow point ammo and lets face it, the weight, were all too much for me.

So, i hooked up with a local guy who has several glocks, hes trading me a Glock 23 with 7 magazines for my RIA.

One of the reasons I got away from Glock was because of the grip - this one is a generation 3, but for some reason, fits my hand way better. now with the power of the .40, the concealability and the weight, I feel as if Ive made a great choice.

2. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Welcome to the forum!

3. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

4. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum PitBull. The G23 is an excellent choice. Post some pics when you get a chance. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

5. welcome to the forum mate. i love my G23. still gettin used to it but i still love it to death.

6. M22

M22 Member

WMass
    Welcome fellow MASS****!

I'm with you in regards to the Gen 1 vs. Gen 3. I have a Gen 3 22 and 27. Both get carried frequently. Now if maybe the AG got a clue we could buy new!

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, PitBull530, and WELCOME to the Forum, and re-Welcome to Glock Ownership!

While I wouldn't really call a G17 a "large-bore", it's plenty large enough for taking out bad guys, and your G23 is even larger!

Have you fondled, er, handled, any of the Gen4s yet?

(moving thread to Introductions)

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum PitBull530 !!