Glock Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

Just listening to old hickok45 radio show posting on my new glock forum :)

Just recently acquired my first hand gun, a glock 19 have to say it just fits all my criteria , capacity , shoots very well , small and a lot of gun for my money IMO . i also got a S&W 22a and an XDS also - pretty damn cool also.

my next one is a G23 i think , really like the 40 and i would even spring for a 357 sig barrel i think .

a quick story - as i started to look for my first gun for CC the first 3 LGS kinda DISSUADED me from getting a glock! they werent fans ... try this sig or xd or m&p. it was very weird to me as i knew the rep of glocks and like their simplicity, etc. what i didnt understand was i never got a reason just a scrunched face lol . anyone has any insight on this let me know , do they make less off of glocks ? IDK i like all good guns

so cheers from cheeseland !

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!
There seems to be this vein of hatred for the Glock brand among some folks. Maybe it stems from the old "it's a plastic gun" thing. Or they're just plain "Gun Snobs". Either that, or there were Manuf. kickbacks in place at the time and they're trying to earn the "spiffs".

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who gives me a scrunched up face and tries to dissuade me from a purchase (of anything) without giving me valid reasons, I won't buy anything from them period. As an old sales professional, I've always viewed the job of a sales person as someone who provides all the necessary information to the customer so the customer can make the most informed decision possible. Not to say that there's not "guiding" of the customer along the way, but if you're going to disqualify a product, you have to be able to give a feature/benefit statement as to WHY you're recommending against that product.

ANyway, welcome to the forum.

:D

D

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum df2dot! Enjoy!

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
Welcome Df2Dot! And welcome to the Glock club....careful, there's this little thing we like to call the "bug." Once you get bit, you'll be addicted to Glocks. Careful, its a sneeky little devil :D
Looking forward to seeing you around.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Just remember: Not everything hickok45 says is the gospel truth.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum!
Stick around, you will like it here!

Remember, like what Argyle just said (and just like movie critics), everyone has their own opinion! :)

·
8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)
3,451 Posts
Welcome and make yourself at home.

Beware of the man who hates Glock; also, beware of the man who says "Glock is the only way to go". Neither is wise counsel.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Welcome and make yourself at home.

Beware of the man who hates Glock; also, beware of the man who says "Glock is the only way to go". Neither is wise counsel.

Blasphemy!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
Argyle_Armoring said:
Blasphemy!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Hahaha! I have to agree, though there are other guns I would like...Glock is the only one I'd put my life on.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum df2dot! This is a great community. I hope you enjoy yourself here. Oh and BTW - watch out Glocks tend to multiply rapidly. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts