Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was listed as a LEO trade in, good condition with night sights.
To me, it looks new, but you guys know a lot more about these than I.
Here’s some pictures.

By the time all was said and done (shipping, cc fees, taxes, and my FFL fees), it was $5 shy of $500.
I hope it’ll be worth it.

·
Happy Member :)
5,214 Posts
Not very much wear on the firearm or parts. Seems in really good condition. Looks like you got a pretty good deal. Congrats

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Congrats ! It doesn't appear if it was issued and the bonus is the frying pan finish that folks rave about.

Reactions: JGKC9AYC

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,883 Posts
Some agency probably went to a different gun or caliber. Looks like it likely never left the storage room.
Congrats!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My FFL guy was surprised by the condition as well.
He ran a bore snake through it and detailed strip the slide, commenting that the firing pin was in good condition as well.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've heard differing stories on the barrel finish. One states that the finish is very durable while the other states that it doesn't take many rounds to put "smilies" on the barrel.
Regarding the finish, on the slide opposite the ejector side, there appears to be minute spots of rust. Too small to capture on camera. Should I be concerned?

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
I've heard differing stories on the barrel finish. One states that the finish is very durable while the other states that it doesn't take many rounds to put "smilies" on the barrel.
Regarding the finish, on the slide opposite the ejector side, there appears to be minute spots of rust. Too small to capture on camera. Should I be concerned?
I would maybe clean the area with 99% isopropyl alcohol, then touch up with birchwood & Casey pen.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’ll probably will need to put rounds down range.
The first G21 (Gen 2?) back around 92-94, I could shoot one ragged hole.
The most recent, a couple of months ago, I shot a Gen3. My target looked like a scatter gun hit it. No grouping at all
I’m assuming that this is because I shot DA/SA exclusively. I’ll need to get used to the trigger again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My first issued duty gun was a Gen2 G-21. You bought what appears to be a brand new gun. Enjoy!

·
Registered
958 Posts
They're a chunk to tote around. I love mine. I paid $500 barely used without night sights. You got a good deal. Did it some with the back straps? IIRC mine came with 3. Should have been 4(?) I really don't need the back straps!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts