Got my new G-30

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by dutchs, Mar 31, 2012.

1. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Got my new G30 yesterday, it was late in the day and i didnt get to go shooting yet. I have the new double recoil spring on order, i here it really helps but the magazine springs seem unusally stiff( crazy stiff really) anyone know why or how to remedy it. I could barely get my 10 shells loaded, I am thinking about using the 13 round mags i dont think it should have any real conceal affect and I could use the little extra grip length even with the Pearce extenders. Any suggestions?

2. geeteeohh

geeteeohh Member

Ditto on the stiff mag springs. I just got my G23 last night too, and could barely load the last couple rounds. To help with the stiff springs, use the magazine loader and leave the magazines fully loaded. Over time the springs will relax. There is a video on You Tube showing how to use the Glock loader. Also, check out the video of the UpLULA mag loader.

3. rexg23

rexg23 New Member

When I got my g30 the mags were very stiff as well. I just loaded them full and went to shoot it. After a few times of reloading them they started to loosen up a bit. Now I just keep them loaded for cc.

4. Been seeing a lot of posts about problems fully loading brand new magazines. try one of these LULA loaders from Butler Creek. They work outstandingly for loading brand new magazines. You'll still have to press down pretty hard, but you will be able to load new magazines to capacity without breaking your fingers doing it.

Best part is one of these will work for 9MM and larger calibers so you don't need to get one per different caliber (be sure you get the right size though because there are a few different sizes). Not dirt cheap (anywhere from $22-$40 depending where you find them), but the single best range accessory I've ever bought. I've saved at least the cost of the tool since getting one just because I no longer wear holes in my gloves reloading magazines by hand.

Attached Files:

5. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

The new glocks should come with a loader, I only used mine until I was able to break in the magazines but once I got them broke in I no longer needed it

6. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Used it, had to use a ton of pressure just to get fully loaded. I think the 21 will be easier?

7. guardian1881

guardian1881 New Member

got my g21 yesterday evening my mag wasent that bad but it was still quite stiff

8. Rodgers

Rodgers New Member

I bought a Glock 30 with 10 round magazines and I sure am pleased. The accuracy is great. I carry it all day and don't notice it being inside my waist band.

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum Rodgers !!

...and good choice grabbing a G30.

10. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome and congradulations on your G30!!! I love mine. One thing that may help is to initially keep them at 10rds and that can ease the spring. A loader helps as well.

11. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

+1 These are the best loaders.

12. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Congrats on the G30! I like my G30's better than my G21's! My 30 mags were tight but not too hard to load 10 in it. I left them loaded up and after a week or so as I recall they would load a lot easier! I am actually thinking of turning one of my 21's into a 10mm!:eek:

13. Rodgers

Rodgers New Member

That's another reason that I got a Glock. You can get a 10 mm conversion barrel for the .45

14. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

It's my understanding that it takes the "flexing action" to weaken or break in a spring. The spring in the mag will be unchanged if loaded and simply left in a compressed state. But when it gets loaded and unloaded repeatedly, that's what will break in the spring.

So maybe you could try manually & fully depressing the spring and releasing it over & over to break it in... Just a thought.