Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After the 10 day wait that felt like forever, I got my first Glock.
Welcome to the family G22 Gen 4 with TLR 4. Also has trijicon night sights. I love it.
Not easy to find a used , like new one here In California. Of course Gen 4's are not on the approved list.

Can't wait to shoot it tomorrow at the range.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
glock19desertranger said:
Nice!!! I need one! I have a 23 but want a full size glock as a companion to my 23. Congrats on your g22!
Thanks.
Yeah , I like the 23 but cannot carry here in Ca so I went for the bigger 22. Let me know which you prefer when you get your full size Glock

·
Registered
175 Posts
safrica said:
Thanks.
Yeah , I like the 23 but cannot carry here in Ca so I went for the bigger 22. Let me know which you prefer when you get your full size Glock
Yeah I'm in Cali too, all my guns are range guns unless I go into az for work. How did you get a gen4 gun in Cali, I didn't think they were approved here?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
safrica said:
Thanks.
Which round do you recommend for home protection.
I'm thinking 135g Federal with lower recoil. What do you use

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I'm in Cali too, all my guns are range guns unless I go into az for work. How did you get a gen4 gun in Cali, I didn't think they were approved here?
You are correct, they are not approved. I bought a used one that looks like if had less than 50 rounds fired thought it from a gun store here. If you find a used one brought into california by its owner it will be legal to buy. I don't think you ca. Buy a used one online and bring it in yourself though. But I really am not sure and I am sure other people will let you know how that works.
As i said I got mine at a store so I wasn't worried. about lagalities. I got a good price, especially because it had Trijicon sights added. The down side is it came with 1x 10 round magazine instead of 3x 15 mags. So I have to purchase extras.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
safrica said:
You are correct, they are not approved. I bought a used one that looks like if had less than 50 rounds fired thought it from a gun store here. If you find a used one brought into california by its owner it will be legal to buy. I don't think you ca. Buy a used one online and bring it in yourself though. But I really am not sure and I am sure other people will let you know how that works.
As i said I got mine at a store so I wasn't worried. about lagalities. I got a good price, especially because it had Trijicon sights added. The down side is it came with 1x 10 round magazine instead of 3x 15 mags. So I have to purchase extras.
Sorry for typo in last post. I am iPhone typing
I meant to say I don't think you can buy a gen 4 online and bring it into Cali. But I'm not 100% sure. It's fine If someone brought their gen 4 to Cali and sells it

·
Registered
175 Posts
safrica said:
Yeah that's what I thought and be careful with those 15 round mags in ca, they're not legal AT ALL! I'd love to find a used gen4 with few rounds through it, that would make my year! Have fun with that gun and safe shooting...

·
Registered
175 Posts
safrica said:
Sorry for typo in last post. I am iPhone typing
I meant to say I don't think you can buy a gen 4 online and bring it into Cali. But I'm not 100% sure. It's fine If someone brought their gen 4 to Cali and sells it
If you're ever in the Socal lower desert area hit me up and we will go shooting out in the desert!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah that's what I thought and be careful with those 15 round mags in ca, they're not legal AT ALL! I'd love to find a used gen4 with few rounds through it, that would make my year! Have fun with that gun and safe shooting...
Just to clarify I got 1x 10 round magazine with the gun. I don't have 15 round mags

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Went shooting with my Glock 22 today. I shot terribly but still loved it. Practice will make me better but I was shooting high then over compensated to shoot too low. My fault I guess, I can't blame the gun.
I LOVE THE TRIGGER. Wow! I know the glock forum knows all about it but I experienced it for the first time today. I have shot the odd Glock here and there in the past, but that's not the same as putting 200 rounds through your own gun with the same magic trigger pull every time. Already a fan, just hope I can shoot better next time

·
782 Posts
Congrats! I love the Gen4s!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.