Got my Glock finally

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by safrica, May 26, 2012.

1. safrica

safrica New Member

After the 10 day wait that felt like forever, I got my first Glock.
    Welcome to the family G22 Gen 4 with TLR 4. Also has trijicon night sights. I love it.
    Not easy to find a used , like new one here In California. Of course Gen 4's are not on the approved list.

Can't wait to shoot it tomorrow at the range.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  2. Congrats!! Let me know when it is time to monkey around with it!!

3. safrica

safrica New Member

Thanks, I will.
    I can't believe how good the full size 22 gen 4 feels in the hand.

4. glock19desertranger

glock19desertranger New Member

Nice!!! I need one! I have a 23 but want a full size glock as a companion to my 23. Congrats on your g22!

5. safrica

safrica New Member

Thanks.
    Yeah , I like the 23 but cannot carry here in Ca so I went for the bigger 22. Let me know which you prefer when you get your full size Glock

6. glock19desertranger

Yeah I'm in Cali too, all my guns are range guns unless I go into az for work. How did you get a gen4 gun in Cali, I didn't think they were approved here?

7. safrica

safrica New Member

Which round do you recommend for home protection.
    I'm thinking 135g Federal with lower recoil. What do you use

8. glock19desertranger

I have 165 grain jhp in mine in the dresser right now along with 147 grain jhp loaded in the g19..

9. safrica

safrica New Member

You are correct, they are not approved. I bought a used one that looks like if had less than 50 rounds fired thought it from a gun store here. If you find a used one brought into california by its owner it will be legal to buy. I don't think you ca. Buy a used one online and bring it in yourself though. But I really am not sure and I am sure other people will let you know how that works.
    As i said I got mine at a store so I wasn't worried. about lagalities. I got a good price, especially because it had Trijicon sights added. The down side is it came with 1x 10 round magazine instead of 3x 15 mags. So I have to purchase extras.

10. safrica

safrica New Member

Sorry for typo in last post. I am iPhone typing
    I meant to say I don't think you can buy a gen 4 online and bring it into Cali. But I'm not 100% sure. It's fine If someone brought their gen 4 to Cali and sells it

11. glock19desertranger

Yeah that's what I thought and be careful with those 15 round mags in ca, they're not legal AT ALL! I'd love to find a used gen4 with few rounds through it, that would make my year! Have fun with that gun and safe shooting...

12. glock19desertranger

If you're ever in the Socal lower desert area hit me up and we will go shooting out in the desert!

13. safrica

safrica New Member

Thanks for the offer i I am ever in SoCal and have the time available I would love to go shooting in the desert.

14. safrica

safrica New Member

Just to clarify I got 1x 10 round magazine with the gun. I don't have 15 round mags

15. glock19desertranger

It's all good, you're allowed 13+1 mags of you owned them before 2001, wink wink.

16. kulok77

kulok77 New Member

I'm from Texas,why is cali so stupid on guns

17. glock19desertranger

Too many anti-gun politicians in office that make the laws.

18. safrica

safrica New Member

Went shooting with my Glock 22 today. I shot terribly but still loved it. Practice will make me better but I was shooting high then over compensated to shoot too low. My fault I guess, I can't blame the gun.
    I LOVE THE TRIGGER. Wow! I know the glock forum knows all about it but I experienced it for the first time today. I have shot the odd Glock here and there in the past, but that's not the same as putting 200 rounds through your own gun with the same magic trigger pull every time. Already a fan, just hope I can shoot better next time

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  19. Ranger45

Ranger45 Senior Member

Congrats! I love the Gen4s!

20. gen4_G21

gen4_G21 New Member

Texas baby!!!!!! I would move back in a heartbeat if I had the chance!