·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Congrats! That is a great day!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mixed Emotions

I'm glad you got your FOID and all, but I'm sorry you live in a state that requires law abiding citizens to go through that kind of crap. Illinois is a nice place, other than Chicago politicians.

Again, I'm glad you got it. Sorry that your state is so communist that you had to apply for it in the first place.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Illinois is the only state that has no provision for concealed carry licenses.

GOD BLESS TEXAS!!!!!

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
They are the only one with no provision, but they aren't the only state where you cannot get one. NJ won't issue them, either.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya, it is quite sad...I applied for it on November the 22nd and it came Monday, the 30th of January. About 9 weeks of patiently waiting. But for those that still dont know, a FOID is Firearm Owner's Identification Card. This card only allows me to be able to own/purchase a firearm, It doesn't allow me to conceal carry. Hopefully some pressure is on and this silly unconstitutional blasphemy is handled!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Is it possible to carry an unloaded firearm in a fanny pack, (or backpack) as long as you have your FOID? Thought I read something that you could carry it as long as you met the above guidelines. Been meaning to contact ISP to ask...

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Congrats to you!

I'm soooooo glad we don't have that kind of nonsense here in the Silver State!

(except for Clark Country, with requires residents to register their handguns....too close to LA, I guess)

·
Banned
767 Posts
Congrats, but its still crappy because Illinois cant have any kind of carry permits.... being from chicago my whole life, it sucks, let me tell you...

·
Registered
13 Posts
knuck said:
im in chicago
Now your next step is the chicago permit permit....got mine recently. Don't only why your FOID took so long. I started my whole process on 12/4/2011, that's when I sent my foid paperwork in....by 01/20/2012 very thing was complete... I had my foid, took my permit class, did all my paperwork, got my permit from Chicago then registered my Glock....wasn't as long as I thought it all would take.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts