Got my first crossbreed

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by mcdiver, May 19, 2012.

1. mcdiver

mcdiver New Member

Got my first crossbreed last week for my 1911. I have been wearing it every day and I love it. There is no comparison, I also have a nylon blackhawk iwb holster, but I almost shot my foot one day trying to put my G22 back in after stopping for a potty break.

I will be getting a crossbreed for my G22 soon, but my hobbies are expensive and I've been spending too much money so I need to slow down.

2. Nice (not the almost shooting your foot part). I just received my first super tuck a couple weeks ago for my snub nose .38 and it's great. Wearing it right now actually. Wore it all day too. Cleaned out my garage, loaded a car up on a car hauler, drove an hour to a car show, walked around there for a few hours, got some food, drove to a friends, hung out there, then drove an hour home. Forgot it was there most of the time. I'll be ordering one for my Glock pretty soon as well. :D

3. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Wearing mine now as well, truly my favorite holster to date!

4. wnctroutbum

wnctroutbum New Member

Congratulations! I love mine!

5. thinkricky

thinkricky Member Supporter

Did you actually discharge a round at your foot?

6. MarinewithaGlock

MarinewithaGlock Premium Member

I have to disagree on that. I almost bought the crossbreed holster but decided to go with the Comp-Tac Minotaur holster for a couple of reasons. When I bought mine a few years ago the crossbreed did not have an adjustable cant which the Comp-Tac had (crossbreed now has this feature) and also with the Comp-Tac you can use the same leather backing with multiple weapons. All you do is buy a new Kydex body, which is only 35 dollars. Using the supplied Allen wrench, all you do is take 4 screws out and the current Kydex body comes out and the new one goes in. So, essentially 2 holsters for 115 as opposed to 150+ for two crossbreeds. And another nice feature is that the Comp-Tacs like the backside of their holster with smooth leather like the front so it's much more comfortable.

That being said, crossbreed still makes a great holster. But, the Comp-Tac Minotaur is the holster for my for CC'ing and it works flawlessly.

7. glock19gen3

glock19gen3 New Member

I've been wearing mine for about two weeks. Still trying to adjust to minimize printing but very comfortable. Right now I have the kydex sitting a little below my pant line which makes for deep concealment. Grip still prints a little but not bad.

8. MarinewithaGlock

MarinewithaGlock Premium Member

What position do you carry in? I carry between the 4 and 5 o'clock position and with the cant it doesn't print at all unless I bend down to pick something up the wrong way I.e. bending at the waist instead of dropping at the knees.

9. bfish

bfish Member

Yes they are so nice I've got a supertuck at 3 O'clock holding my 27. Love my crossbreed

10. Love my supertuck. Carries my 19, 23, or 26 great.

11. I carry at 4 o'clock.

12. glock19gen3

glock19gen3 New Member

I'm at 4-5 as well. You're right mostly prints if I bend wrong. Normal walking around its perfect. Where does the kydex line up for you?

13. jclinebell1

jclinebell1 New Member

Attached Files:

14. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Looks like it has it's own belt that you wear under your clothes...

15. jclinebell1

jclinebell1 New Member

Yes, you are right. I saw only one other video with someone reviewing it and he said he wore it for 13 hours and it was comfortable enough that he for got it was there. It looks like a worthy holster.

16. chadzilla

chadzilla New Member

I am considering a Crossbreed for my 19. I was thinking about the Quikclip for IWB at 4 o'clock.

17. Redneckcmb

Redneckcmb Chris Supporter

First ! If u almost shot your toe off u had your finger were is was not supposed to be! It can't go off if u don't pull the trigger! Safety first!

I have a supper tuck deluxe for my (G19,22,&26) that I have, they all fit. I love it ! And I recently purchased one of there instructor belts and its supper nice 1.5in with basket weave,black . It is a duty belt really ! They make good stuff and its made here in the US and that's even better . Shop US and shop local if u can .

18. bigben

bigben Member

Your phone needs charged. Lol. Jk.