Glock Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first crossbreed last week for my 1911. I have been wearing it every day and I love it. There is no comparison, I also have a nylon blackhawk iwb holster, but I almost shot my foot one day trying to put my G22 back in after stopping for a potty break.

I will be getting a crossbreed for my G22 soon, but my hobbies are expensive and I've been spending too much money so I need to slow down.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice (not the almost shooting your foot part). I just received my first super tuck a couple weeks ago for my snub nose .38 and it's great. Wearing it right now actually. Wore it all day too. Cleaned out my garage, loaded a car up on a car hauler, drove an hour to a car show, walked around there for a few hours, got some food, drove to a friends, hung out there, then drove an hour home. Forgot it was there most of the time. I'll be ordering one for my Glock pretty soon as well. :D

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
mcdiver said:
There is no comparison
I have to disagree on that. I almost bought the crossbreed holster but decided to go with the Comp-Tac Minotaur holster for a couple of reasons. When I bought mine a few years ago the crossbreed did not have an adjustable cant which the Comp-Tac had (crossbreed now has this feature) and also with the Comp-Tac you can use the same leather backing with multiple weapons. All you do is buy a new Kydex body, which is only 35 dollars. Using the supplied Allen wrench, all you do is take 4 screws out and the current Kydex body comes out and the new one goes in. So, essentially 2 holsters for 115 as opposed to 150+ for two crossbreeds. And another nice feature is that the Comp-Tacs like the backside of their holster with smooth leather like the front so it's much more comfortable.

That being said, crossbreed still makes a great holster. But, the Comp-Tac Minotaur is the holster for my for CC'ing and it works flawlessly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been wearing mine for about two weeks. Still trying to adjust to minimize printing but very comfortable. Right now I have the kydex sitting a little below my pant line which makes for deep concealment. Grip still prints a little but not bad.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
What position do you carry in? I carry between the 4 and 5 o'clock position and with the cant it doesn't print at all unless I bend down to pick something up the wrong way I.e. bending at the waist instead of dropping at the knees.

·
1,310 Posts
Love my supertuck. Carries my 19, 23, or 26 great.

·
1,310 Posts
buzznrose said:
Love my supertuck. Carries my 19, 23, or 26 great.
I carry at 4 o'clock.

·
Registered
30 Posts
MarinewithaGlock said:
What position do you carry in? I carry between the 4 and 5 o'clock position and with the cant it doesn't print at all unless I bend down to pick something up the wrong way I.e. bending at the waist instead of dropping at the knees.
I'm at 4-5 as well. You're right mostly prints if I bend wrong. Normal walking around its perfect. Where does the kydex line up for you?

·
Registered
34 Posts

Attachments

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
jclinebell1 said:
Crossbreed holsters are nice and are fairly comfortable. I saw this holster from TactiPac on YouTube and you don't need to clip it over your belt. I don't have one but I would assume it feels similar to a crossbreed. Sorry if link does not work, I uploaded from iPhone.http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CGoQtwIwCA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgJIZWsMW5ZI&ei=s7vDT7b4KMv46QGqw9G3Cg&usg=AFQjCNHx6UYNxvwegr9JrHuw42Ocj11j-g
Looks like it has it's own belt that you wear under your clothes...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am considering a Crossbreed for my 19. I was thinking about the Quikclip for IWB at 4 o'clock.

·
Chris
2,812 Posts
First ! If u almost shot your toe off u had your finger were is was not supposed to be! It can't go off if u don't pull the trigger! Safety first!

I have a supper tuck deluxe for my (G19,22,&26) that I have, they all fit. I love it ! And I recently purchased one of there instructor belts and its supper nice 1.5in with basket weave,black . It is a duty belt really ! They make good stuff and its made here in the US and that's even better . Shop US and shop local if u can .

·
Registered
148 Posts
jclinebell1 said:
Crossbreed holsters are nice and are fairly comfortable. I saw this holster from TactiPac on YouTube and you don't need to clip it over your belt. I don't have one but I would assume it feels similar to a crossbreed. Sorry if link does not work, I uploaded from iPhone.http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CGoQtwIwCA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgJIZWsMW5ZI&ei=s7vDT7b4KMv46QGqw9G3Cg&usg=AFQjCNHx6UYNxvwegr9JrHuw42Ocj11j-g
Your phone needs charged. Lol. Jk.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.