Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45 Colt

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.2%
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Pulling the trigger on a large caliber handgun in an enclosed space can be a bit of a shock even with hearing protection. :)
My brother has a Dan Wesson or S&W SA/DA revolver and a pistol, though I don't remember the manufacturer, in 41 mag. He's always liked the caliber.
Like you I prefer the older Blackhawk models but I'm looking for one in .357 mag. I know Ruger made the Blackhawk in 41 mag but they didn't seem to be very common in that caliber. I had a couple of the early Super Blackhawks in 44 mag but they departed at some point. Greedy exes...... :(
Here's a nice example of a newer Blackhawk in 41 mag in my favorite barrel length of 4 5/8".
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.............
oh yeah lol i have people looking when i shoot my ruger super redhawk alaskan with 44 mag +P at the indoor range

:ROFLMAO:

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,345 Posts
Here's a revolver for you. It's six shot, double action only, but it is 40 caliber; 40mm that is.
With one of these you wouldn't have to go into a Dingo's den, just lob a round into the entrance and that's all she wrote.
Thinning out camel herds would be easy too. Two or three rounds and no more herd.
Yessir, For someone in your line of work I believe it would be the ideal all around firearm. :)
I wonder if they make fleshette rounds for them like those that could be fired in the old M79s? They were right handy.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..........
His granddaddy.

· Grumpy Old Man
11,352 Posts
Here's a revolver for you. It's six shot, double action only, but it is 40 caliber; 40mm that is.
With one of these you wouldn't have to go into a Dingo's den, just lob a round into the entrance and that's all she wrote.
Thinning out camel herds would be easy too. Two or three rounds and no more herd.
Yessir, For someone in your line of work I believe it would be the ideal all around firearm. :)
I wonder if they make fleshette rounds for them like those that could be fired in the old M79s? They were right handy.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..........
Two Words !!!!! Wont One!!!!!!!!!
I can really see the possibilities of owning one ! Feral Animals that hang around, Supermarkets, Local Parks and the Foreshore here in Port Augusta !!!!

"Dogs Of War" Neat firearms in a terrible adaptation of a great book. I wish that Frederick Forsyth had been involved and with control of the script like when Day of The Jackal was made.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..............
I had read the book and was excited when the movie came out ! As you pointed out it was a insult to Frederick Forsyth's work !

· Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Precovid a Ruger sp101 2.25” .357 mag was msrp of around $550. Now they are like msrp of $700+.
I got my 686 Plus for $770 in 2018 and today its $940 at my LGS before DROS and taxes.

The upside then was I needed to restock my Reloading Supplies because I was not reloading 38 Special or 357 Magnum much after retiring from PPC Competition. Mostly 45 ACP and 9mm so I got a great stock in before "crazy" happened, i.e., riots and Pandemics.

· Premium Member
10,735 Posts
A bunch of them, all my SASS Conversion revolvers and all chamber Cowboy 45 special, that and a S&W 610
2 1851 conversions 1 engraved and nickled,1 engraved and CCH/blued.
2 Type II's based on the1860 army, both 5 1/2" CCH blued.
All the conversions are stocked in polymer ivory Mexican eagle stocks now.

Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Revolver Gun barrel
Revolver Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel

Office supplies Wood Writing implement Bullet Revolver

· Premium Member
4,922 Posts
My favorite revolver is a security six. This was Terrys gun. Terry served in the Vietnam war. Was wounded and received a Purple Heart. He lived in a nice house up in the woods and looked after and took care of several neighbors there. When my wife and I moved a few miles away in 2002, he found out my wife was pregnant. From that day on (it was winter) Terry made sure that the driveway was always passable. He plowed snow all winter and never would take a a dime for it. We became great friends. He passed in 2008. He bought the Ruger pistol when they were fairly new and always had it with him. As you can see he wore the checkering off the grip. At his service his son handed me the pistol and his bug out bag. They are very special.
Revolver Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel

· Registered
624 Posts
My favorite revolver is a security six. This was Terrys gun. Terry served in the Vietnam war. Was wounded and received a Purple Heart. He lived in a nice house up in the woods and looked after and took care of several neighbors there. When my wife and I moved a few miles away in 2002, he found out my wife was pregnant. From that day on (it was winter) Terry made sure that the driveway was always passable. He plowed snow all winter and never would take a a dime for it. We became great friends. He passed in 2008. He bought the Ruger pistol when they were fairly new and always had it with him. As you can see he wore the checkering off the grip. At his service his son handed me the pistol and his bug out bag. They are very special. View attachment 279318
Terry sounds like a wonderful guy! Nice story and nice gun. I cannot imagine carrying that beast daily. Wearing off the checkering is quite a feat. I carry BIG revolvers only when encountering bear is likely, and then I use a chest holster.

· Registered
59 Posts
I can think of several favs for different tasks, most 357mag & mostly differ from barrel length to serve those tasks, e.g. longer for hunting = more M.E.
The daily use is self defense carry and pocket no-see-um gives me cover, comfort and convenience once I found pants pockets to serve. For this I graduated from S&W442 (38spl) to Ruger LCR 357mag & long to own its LCRx 3" version.
That said, only 5 shots, so backup is the larger S&W 327NG 8-shot (357mag) BUT not almost too large for a pocket, no green laser options and not a smooth Ruger trigger and not as many bullseyes.

· Registered
5 Posts
1st year production (1954) S&W Model 28 no dash. 4", 5-screw, pinned and recessed. Maybe 60% original finish. Dropped on front sight and rear sight. Bottom of trigger guard looks like it was used to beat on something or someone. Best DA trigger of any revolver I own. When that huge N-frame cylinder starts moving, it seems to move on it's own. Someone once told me it has a "1000 round trigger job."

21 - 40 of 44 Posts